In a significant bureaucratic shake-up, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan’s government in Madhya Pradesh has issued transfer orders for six Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officers. As per the latest developments, Abhishek Singh, a 2009 batch IAS officer, has been entrusted with the responsibility of Secretary in the State Election Commission.
Meanwhile, Swati Meena Nayak, an IAS officer from the 2007 batch, has been reassigned to the Women and Child Development Department. The state government has also assigned additional charges to several other officers, including Kalpana Srivastava, Anirudh Mookerjee, Sachin Sinha, Umakant Umrao, Raghavendra Kumar Singh, Mukesh Chandra Gupta, P Narhari, Rakesh Kumar Srivastava, and Manoj Pushp, alongside their existing responsibilities.
The newly appointed officers have been posted in various departments, with their respective batch names and designations as follows:
- John Kingsley A R, a 2004 batch IAS officer, will assume the role of Secretary in the Narmada Valley Rehabilitation, Water Resources Department.
- 2. Swati Meena Nayak, a 2007 batch IAS officer, has been designated as the Secretary of the Women and Child Development Department.
- Gopal Chandra Dad, an IAS officer from the 2008 batch, will serve as the Co-Commissioner of the Medical Education Department.
- Abhishek Singh, a 2009 batch IAS officer, has been appointed as the Secretary of the State Election Commission.
- Ratnakar Jha, an IAS officer from the 2012 batch, will take on the role of Deputy Secretary in the Labor Department.
- Sanjay Kumar Jain, a 2016 batch IAS officer, has been assigned as the Deputy Secretary in the Department of Public Asset Management.
This administrative reshuffle aims to optimise governance and bring about effective management in the state’s bureaucratic structure. The transfer orders come as part of the government’s ongoing efforts to streamline operations and enhance efficiency in the administration.