Amid the ongoing tussle between the state’s police force and the farmers, the Government of Haryana moved a minor bureaucratic rejig to strengthen the police lineup. In the reshuffle, the state government transferred and posted as many as nine IPS officers across Haryana.
1. PK Agrawal, Director General of Police (DGP), Haryana, has been assigned the additional charge of Chairman, Haryana Police Housing Corporation (HPHC).
2. Mohd Akil has been shifted as Director General (DG), Prison, Haryana. Currently, Akil is serving as DGP, Crime (Headquarters), Panchkula and also holding the additional charge of Director, SCRB.
3. SS Kapoor serving as Principal Secretary, Transport department with the additional charge of DG, prison, has been transferred and posted as DG, State Vigilance Bureau, Haryana.
4. Desh Raj Singh has been transferred and appointed as Commandant General, Home Guards and Civil Defence. Singh is presently serving as DG, Bhondsi, Police Complex Bhondsi, Gurugram.
5. OP Singh has been assigned the charge of Additional Director General f Police (ADGP) Crime (H), Panchkula. He also gets the additional charge of Director, SCRB. At present, Singh is serving as Commissioner, Faridabad Police.
6. Ravi Kiran serving as Director of Investigation in Haryana Human Rights Commission (HHRC), Chandigarh with the additional charge of IG, State Vigilance Bureau (SVB) has been shifted and posted as Inspector General (IG), south range, Rewari.
7. Vikas Kumar Arora has been transferred and given the post of Commissioner, Faridabad Police.
8. Hardeep Singh Doon has been appointed as Director of Investigation in HHRC.
9. Y Puran Kumar has been assigned the charge of IG, Haryana Armed Police (HAP) Madhuban. Kumar is currently posted as IG, CTI Home Guards.