In a significant administrative reshuffle, the state government of Maharashtra has announced the transfer and posting of several top-ranking Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officers. This strategic move aims to optimise administrative efficiency and better serve the needs of the state. Here are the key appointments:
1. Asheesh Sharma Assumes Role of Commissioner, State Tax (GST) in Mumbai
Asheesh Sharma, the former principal secretary to Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, has taken up the pivotal role of Commissioner, State Tax (Goods and Services Tax) in Mumbai. His vast experience is expected to contribute to the effective implementation of tax policies in the state capital.
2. Pravin Puri Appointed Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities in Pune
Pravin Puri, who previously held the position of Joint Secretary in the Water Supply and Sanitation Department, has been reassigned as the Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities in Pune. This move underscores the government’s commitment to addressing the needs and rights of persons with disabilities.
3. Deepak Taware Assumes Role of Employees State Insurance Scheme Commissioner
Deepak Taware, the Chief Managing Director of the Maharashtra State Warehousing Corporation in Pune, has been appointed as the Commissioner for the Employees’ State Insurance Scheme. His expertise is expected to be instrumental in managing employee welfare and insurance programs effectively.
4. Vikas Pansare Takes Charge as Additional Divisional Commissioner, Konkan Division
Vikas Pansare, formerly the head of the Ahmednagar district caste verification panel, has assumed the role of Additional Divisional Commissioner in the Konkan Division. His appointment is crucial for addressing regional development and administrative priorities.
5. Aman Mittal Becomes Deputy Secretary, Water Supply and Sanitation Department
Aman Mittal, the former Managing Director of the Maharashtra Petrochemicals Corporation, has been appointed as Deputy Secretary in the Water Supply and Sanitation Department. His experience will contribute to the department’s efforts in ensuring access to clean water and sanitation services.
6. Dr. Bhausaheb Dangade Takes Over as Managing Director, Maharashtra Petrochemicals Corporation Limited
Dr. Bhausaheb Dangade, an IAS officer of the 2011 batch, has been appointed as the Managing Director of the Maharashtra Petrochemicals Corporation Limited in Mumbai. His leadership is expected to steer the corporation toward new heights of success.
7. Shri Shridhar Dube Assumes Role of Managing Director, Maharashtra State Co-operative Marketing Federation
Shridhar Dube, an IAS officer of the 2014 batch, has been posted as the Managing Director of the Maharashtra State Co-operative Marketing Federation in Mumbai, emphasising the importance of cooperative marketing in the state.
8. Dr. Indurani Jakhar Becomes Municipal Commissioner of Kalyan-Dombivali Municipal Corporation
Dr. Indurani Jakhar, an IAS officer of the 2016 batch, has been appointed as the Municipal Commissioner of the Kalyan-Dombivali Municipal Corporation in Kalyan. Her role is pivotal in ensuring effective municipal governance in the region.