Additional Chief Secretary, Revenue & Disaster
Management, Government of Haryana
“In Haryana, the workflow based Property Registration System (HARIS) and Land Records Information System (HALRIS) have been standardised, stabilised and dynamically integrated,” says Krishna Mohan
Today many citizens face problems in identification and registration of their properties. Please tell us about the initiatives that have been taken by HALRIS (Haryana Land Records Information System) to bring efficiency and transparency in registration of land.
Web enabling of the Land Records has brought transparency by making available access to the ROR (Jamabandi Nakal) on anytime, anywhere basis. The system uses the collector rates as bench marking rates for computing the stamp duty. So in any case the registration of property is not allowed below the collector rates. This feature of the system has eliminated the requirements of Pre-Registration audit. So Revenue Department has stopped the pre-registration audit of documents, which has saved the general public from the harassment at the hands of auditors. HALRIS has shifted the revenue records management from patwari centric to tehsil centric model.
Now patwari and kannongo sitting at the tehsil center can issue the Jamabandi nakal and do the mutation for all the villages of the tehsil. This saves the efforts and money of general public for locating the field patwaris to get the copy of revenue records. Standard deed templates are available on the web site, public can use these templates to draft the document, no need to go to deed writer for preparing the document. Deed writers sometimes charge more than the govt. fixed rates of preparing the deed. Touch screen are installed in the tehsil centres where public can see the land records and status of the mutations, etc.This makes the land records management fully transparent and open to public.
The Department of Revenue and Disaster Management system has developed AMS (Appointment Management System) for enhancing efficiency in the Deed Registration work. What is the status of rollout of AMS in the state?
To enhance the transparency in the deed registration work a new system of giving appointments for deed registration has been introduced with the help of National Informatics Centre (NIC) Haryana. AMS is already operational in 12 Tehsils shortly it will be rolled out in other District Headquarter tehsils of Haryana.
|Procedural workflow for Appointment Management System (AMS)|
• Appointment from E-Disha Kendra – One of the applicant visits the E-Disha Kendra after preparing the deed for taking the appointment with Sub- Registrar. District IT Society (DITS) established a separate counter for this. The applicant’s photograph is taken and appointment with Sub-Registrar is given to the party on the desired date & time, if available otherwise applicant can change the date and time. Photo identity card of the applicant is mandatory for getting the appointment.
• Presentation of Deed – The party visits Sub-Registrar’s office as per the appointment date and time and present the deed to a presentation counter. This counter will take the deed, enter the appointment number in AMS and gives an acknowledgment slip to the party. After the presentation, SR office staff will send the deed to Registry Clerk.
• Checking by Registry Clerk (RC) – Registry Clerk checks whether the deed is complete or not and all the required annexure are attached or not. After checking the deed he/she put his initials on the deed, records his observations in AMS and sends the deed to Sub-Registrar.
• Marking by Sub-Registrar (SR) – On receiving the deed from RC, SR calls the parties and witnesses to verify their identity and deed. If the deed is complete, SR put his initials on the deed and also marks the deed for entry in HARIS; otherwise SR can deny the registration by giving reason for denial in writing. SR also keeps the one copy of the denial report duly signed by the party for office record.
• Entry in HARIS – All the deeds marked by SR comes to HARIS counter for entry. HARIS picks the deeds in First in First out (FIFO) manner. Appointment no. of the deed selected for entry is displayed on LCD screen; concerned party approaches the counter for deed entry and photograph. After the deed entry is over, party leave the SR office. If party is not available when their appointment no. flashed on the screen, HARIS operators records their absence and fetch the next appointment no. in the queue. Absentee parties will be given another chance after 30 minutes.
Give us the key features of the Jamabandi website?
Jamabandi website (http://jamabandi.nic.in) is designed and developed by National Informatics Centre (NIC), Haryana, to provide the data and information related with the Land Records and Property Registration. This site has three major sections, i.e., Jamabandi Nakal, Query, and Property Registration. Jamabandi Nakal section provides the nakal of Jamabandi on the basis of Owner Name, Khewat Number or Khasra Number. Jamabandi data of 6324 villages out of 7082 is already available on this site. Solution to auto synchronize the Jamabandi data published on web has also developed and implemented in more than 60 tehsils. Jamabandi data for these 60 tehsils is synchronized with the tehsil server within 15 minutes of occurrence of any transaction like Deed Registration, Mutation etc.
For these tehsils public can view the updated jamabandies in a near real time fashion. Query section provides the number of queries like Owner Details, Cultivator Details, Khasra details, Total land on the basis of source of irrigation, type of land, etc. Property Registration section provides the details related with the deed registration like Collector Rates, Rates of Stamp duty and Registration Charges and summary information of Stamp Duty and Registration fee collections over the period at Tehsil, District and State level. This summary information is required by the staff to generate various reports etc. Data of all the deeds registered daily is being transmitted to the State data Centre. Digitally signed copies of all the registered deeds (except will) and mutations are being uploaded to Jamabandi.nic.in.
|Workflow for getting digitally signed copy of ROR (Jamabandi Nakal)|
An initiative for providing digitally signed copies of Record of Right (Jamabandi) is now being undertaken under HALRIS. Kindly provide us the way by which the applicant can attain digitally signed copies of Record of Rights?
Revenue department decided to issue the digitally signed copies of Record of Right (Jamabandi) from all the Tehsils/Sub-Tehsils level HALRIS (Haryana Land Records Information System) centres. To achieve this milestone digital signature certificate of all the Tehsildars, Naib Tehsildars and Patwaries, Kanoongos posted in HALRIS centre are being created. HALRIS application has been enhanced by the NIC to add the functionality to digitally sign the copies of ROR.
What steps are you taking to ensure that there is timely upload of scanned copies of Registered Deeds, Mutation Orders and Stay Orders on the Jamabandi website?
To improve the transparency in the property transactions Revenue department has decided to upload the digitally signed scanned copies of Registered deeds (except WILL), Mutation orders and Stay/Attachment orders on http://jamabandi. nic.in. The work of scanning the old registered deeds has been outsourced to private vendors. These vendors are scanning the old deeds and also creating the Meta data to search the deeds. District IT Societies (DITS) have been assigned the task of scanning the current registered deeds and mutation orders. Deeds registered daily are scanned, digitally signed and uploaded to the central server. Digital signatures certificates of Registry clerks and Sub Registrars have been created for signing the scanned documents. NIC Haryana has developed PDFSigner software to digitally sign the scanned documents before uploading to the central server. Training is being provided to the Sub-Registrar office staff to digitally sign the documents. Thanesar Tehsil has made a considerable progress on this front by uploading the 23526 scanned deeds, 10990 scanned mutation orders and 526 stay/attachment orders.