In a significant administrative shake-up within Uttar Pradesh, the state government led by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has undertaken a substantial transfer and appointment of key administrative officers, including four district magistrates.
The reshuffling of officers took place as follows:
- Mala Srivastava, a 2009 batch IAS officer who previously held the position of District Magistrate in Raebareli, has been appointed as the Director of Geology and Mining.
- Harshita Mathur, a 2013 batch IAS officer who previously served as the District Magistrate of Kasganj, has been designated as the new District Magistrate of Raebareli.
- Sudha Verma, an IAS officer from the 2010 batch who was serving as the Joint State Election Commissioner, has assumed the role of the new District Magistrate of Kasganj.
- Prakash Chandra Srivastava, the District Magistrate of Pratapgarh and a 2010 batch IAS officer, has been placed on hold. This decision follows his removal as District Magistrate from Pratapgarh due to expressed dissatisfaction from Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
- Sanjeev Ranjan, a 2013 batch IAS officer who previously held the position of District Magistrate in Siddharthnagar, has been transferred to Pratapgarh as the new District Magistrate.
- Pawan Aggarwal, a 2015 batch IAS officer who previously served as the Chief Executive Officer of the Gorakhpur Industrial Development Authority, has been appointed as the District Magistrate of Siddharthnagar.
- Anuj Malik, a 2007 batch IAS officer who served as the Divisional Food Controller of the Gorakhpur Industrial Development Authority, has been named the new Chief Executive Officer of the Gorakhpur Industrial Development Authority.
This significant administrative reshuffle comes shortly after another major reorganization on September 7, where four IAS officers were transferred. Among them, Pulkit Khare, a 2011 batch IAS officer, who had previously been appointed as CEO of the UPRRDA and was later transferred from the position of District Magistrate in Mathura, has been moved to the role of ACEO in Greater Noida.
Also Read | Gomti: Journeying towards resurrection