In a significant administrative rearrangement in Assam, the Himanta Biswa Sarma-led state government has executed a series of transfers affecting top officials, bringing fresh faces to key positions.
Pallav Gopal Jha Assumes Role of Commissioner of Tax, Assam
The 2012 batch IAS officer, Pallav Gopal Jha, previously serving as the District Commissioner of Kamrup (M) and Project Director for the JICA Assisted Guwahati Water Supply Project, has now been entrusted with the vital role of Commissioner of Tax, Assam. Additionally, Mr. Jha will also serve as the Project Director for Assam’s Urban Infrastructure Investment Program (UIIP).
Sumit Sattawan Takes Over as District Commissioner of Kamrup Metro
2015 batch IAS officer Sumit Sattawan, formerly responsible for overseeing Assam’s Lakhimpur district as District Commissioner, has now assumed the pivotal role of District Commissioner of Kamrup Metro.
Hyalinge Gayatri Devidas Appointed District Commissioner of Lakhimpur
In response to Sattawan’s new assignment, Mr. Hyalinge Gayatri Devidas, a 2019 batch IAS officer, has taken over as the District Commissioner of Lakhimpur. She was previously serving as Joint Secretary in the Finance Department.
Biswajit Pegu Moves to Deputy Commissioner, Dibrugarh
Biswajit Pegu, an IAS officer of the 2009 batch who was serving as the Deputy Commissioner of Kamrup Metro, has been transferred and posted as the Deputy Commissioner of Dibrugarh.
Megha Nidhi Dahal’s Duties Adjusted
Megha Nidhi Dahal, a 2015 batch IAS officer, who held the positions of Commissioner of the Guwahati Municipal Corporation and Project Director of the Assam Urban Infrastructure Investment Program, has been relieved from her role as Project Director for the Assam Infrastructure Investment Programme.
In addition to the IAS officers, several state civil services officers have been transferred and posted to new positions:
- Deba Kumar Mishra, PPS to the chief minister and MD of Assam Tourism Development Corporation, has been appointed as DC of Biswanath.
- Dibakar Nath, ADC, I/C Bijni, takes over as DC of Karbi Anglong.
- Hivare Nisarg Gautam, previously DC of South Salmara, is now the DC of Nagaon.
- Mridul Yadav, Deputy Secretary of PHE Department and Joint Mission Director of Jal Jeevan Mission, assumes the role of DC of Karimganj.
- Krishna Baruah, Joint Secretary of the Welfare of Plain Tribes and Backward Classes Department, has been appointed as DC of West Karbi Anglong.
- Pallavi Sarkar, ADC of Hailakandi, is the new DC of South Salmara.
- Dima Hasao DC, Paul Baruah, has been transferred and posted as the new DC of Charaideo.
- DC Paranab Kumar Sarmah, Biswanath, is now the new DC of Darrang district.
- Nazreen Ahmed, Director of Financial Inspection and Additional Secretary, has been appointed as DC of Dima Hasao.