The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has recently unveiled a new ‘WhatsApp based Ticketing Service’ for commuters, aimed at improving their travel experience. By introducing this innovative ticketing system, passengers will benefit from a seamless digital mode of navigation, saving them valuable time during their journeys.
Initially, the ‘WhatsApp based Ticketing Service’ has been implemented on the Airport Express Line (AEL) of the Delhi Metro. Travelers can conveniently purchase their tickets through a dedicated WhatsApp chatbot, which is accessible at the AEL stations in both English and Hindi languages, catering to the diverse needs of passengers.
To use newly introduced ticketing system, the commuters need to follow 10 simple steps –
- Save DMRC’s official WhatsApp number 9650855800 in the contact list of the phone.
- One can also scan the Chatbot QR Code available at the customer care/ticket counter of stations on AEL.
- Now, open whatsapp on the device and send ‘Hi’.
- Choose language – English or Hindi.
- Select the option – Buy Ticket or Last Journey Tickets or Retrieve Ticket.
- Select the Origin and Destination station.
- Choose the number of tickets to be purchased.
- Confirm and make the payment securely.
- You will receive a QR code ticket directly in the WhatsApp chat.
- Now, tap the QR ticket in mobile at the designated scanner at AFC gates for entry and exit.
Significance of ‘WhatsApp based Ticketing Service’:-
The introduction of ‘WhatsApp based Ticketing Service’ will make commuting more efficient and seamless for commuters. This will prove to be beneficial for national and international travelers heading for or coming from the Airport using AEL.