A delegation comprising of 10 Startups, all supported by the Department of IT & Electronics, Government of Uttar Pradesh under the UP Startup Policy, displayed their prowess and range of innovative business ideas to global investors from the UAE and the world over at the fourth edition of the ‘Elevate’ pitching series. Founders of 10 Uttar Pradesh startups presented their business ideas and made strong pitches to investors at the popular pitching series.
‘Elevate’ is a key initiative of the India Pavilion at EXPO2020 Dubai that aims to display unconventional solutions created by 500 Indian Startups over the course of five months under the Innovation Hub umbrella.
The startups presented their ideas across sectors like health & wellness, sustainability, agriculture, IT, technology, education, industries and many more. The 10 UP Startups selected for the International market exposure and business opportunities are as follows:
1. Phool.co (Kanpur Flowercycling® Pvt. Ltd.): A social enterprise that has pioneered the ‘flower cycling’ technology to reduce pollution in rivers by up-cycling flower temple waste in India; the Startup already has notable investors and Bollywood celebrities like Alia Bhat betting on their idea.
2. Farmers Family: Farmers Family is an initiative that aims to provide healthy and quality farm produce directly from the farms to consumers.
3. Edu Gorilla: A startup from the Edutech sector providing Online Mock Tests, interviews, and live classes (in progress) with an emphasis on State Competitive Exams in vernacular languages.
4. E-Spin Nanotech Pvt Ltd: Founded in the year 2010 under the aegis of SIDBI and IIT Kanpur, the company has emerged as a leading high-tech enterprise for manufacturing high quality and cost-effective multi-functional nanofibers. It has designed the innovative SWASA N95 Masks during the COVID pandemic. The mask was notable worn by the Prime Minister during his visit to Ayodhya.
5. Vyamanik Aerospace: Vyamanik Aerospace is a customised Drone manufacturer and Aerial Surveillance, Mapping and Inspection company. It was amongst the few startups selected for the Defence Expo 2020 in Lucknow.
6. Constems AI Systems Pvt Ltd.: An Artificial Intelligence (AI) company working to digitalise Consumer Products (CPG) Industry Product Quality control and Retail (brick-and-mortar) distribution by using Computer Vision (image analytics – IR) based AI.
7. Life & Limb Pvt. Ltd: This company provides solutions to people with upper limb amputation.
8. Infrastructure (P) Limited – AIPL: AIPL manufacturers modular floatation products that can be attached together in the desired configuration and used for inland and offshore marine explorations.
9. Atma Nirbhar: A social venture that trains women to ride motorised scooters with the goal of increasing female labour force participation.
10. TechEagle: TechEagle is a pioneer & lead Drone delivery Startup from India, founded in 2015 by IIT Kanpur alumni. On November 26, 2021, TechEagle became India’s first company to deliver lifesaving medicine via Hybrid e-VTOL Drone in partnership with Meghalaya Government.
Apart from their participation in Dubai Expo 2020, the StartInUP team felicitated their participation in India Global Forum UAE 2021 and TiE Global Summit-Dubai 2021, where they got the opportunity to meet over 20 Global & Indian Unicorn Startup Founders, attended the keynote session by the elite Startups founders, business leaders and few of our Startups again got the opportunity to pitch in front of the global investors.
Highlighting the significance of such international market exposure which state government has provided a UP based Startup, TechEagle Innovations, a drone delivery Startup for last and mid mile logistics, announced that they have entered into a strategic partnership and signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Astral Aerial Solutions, a Kenyan UAV technology company which embarks their journey into GCC region. Three startups received the commitment and LoI for approximately Rs 10 crore and a few startups are in an advanced stage of their fundraising.
India is amongst the top 3 creators of unicorns in the world and Uttar Pradesh is progressing with a fast pace and is committed towards creating a world class Startup ecosystem in the state by developing a robust infrastructure and providing conducive policy environment with world class exposure to its Startups.
“Government of UP is supporting the Startups from emerging technology sector and is establishing the required infrastructure including the launch of Centre of excellences and incubators across the state. I am happy that our Startups are leveraging such international opportunities to grow their businesses and attract foreign investment in the state” said Mr. Arvind Kumar, Additional Chief Secretary IT & Electronics Department, Government of UP.
“State government is continuously working towards fostering a world class Startup ecosystem in the state and providing our Startups with an opportunity to present their business ideas on global platforms like Dubai Expo, India Global forum UAE 2021 and TiE Global Summit Dubai 2021 and gain knowledge about the global sectoral trends, best practices followed around the world, get mentoring & funding support from sector experts and a networking window to interact with new-age entrepreneurs, innovators, and investors.” said Dr. Ujjwal Kumar, Special Secretary, IT & Electronics Department, Government of UP.