The Government of Tamil Nadu, on October 18, moved a major bureaucratic rejig in the state’s police lineup. In this regard, the government issued orders to promote five IPS officers and reshuffles posts of six IPS officers across Tamil Nadu.
1. Shankar Jiwal (IPS 1990-Batch) has been promoted to the post of Director General of Police (DGP)/Commissioner, Greater Chennai Police, Chennai.
2. A K Viswanathan (IPS 1990-Batch) has been upgraded to the post of DGP/Chairman and Managing Director (CMD), Tamil Nadu Police Housing Corporation, Chennai.
3. Abhash Kumar (IPS 1990-Batch) has been shifted and promoted to the post of DGP, Civil Supplies CID, Chennai.
4. T V Ravichandran (IPS 1990-Batch) has been upgraded as DGP without prejudice to his deputation with the Government of India (Proforma Promotion).
5. Seema Agrawal (IPS 1990-Batch) has been shifted and promoted to the post of DGP/Chairman, Tamil Nadu Uniformed Services Recruitment Board, Chennai.
6. K Shankar (IPS 1996-Batch) has been transferred and posted as Additional Director General of Police (ADGP), Administration, Chennai.
7. G Venkataraman (IPS 1994-Batch) has been assigned the post of ADGP, Headquarters, Chennai.
8. Amaraesh Pujari (IPS 1991-Batch) has been transferred and given the charge of ADGP, Cyber Crime Wing, Chennai.
9. Vinit Dev Wankhede (IPS 1994-Batch) gets the complete additional charge of ADGP, Technical Service, Chennai.
10. Mahesh Kumar Aggarwal (IPS 1994-Batch) will take over the complete additional charge of the ADGP, Enforcement, Chennai.
11. Kapil Kumar C Saratkar (IPS 2002-Batch) has been shifted and assigned the post of Inspector General (IG) of Police, Enforcement, Chennai.