In a move to realign the administration of the state, the Government of Assam recently issued an order to transfer and post as many as seven IAS officers across the state.
1. Paban Kumar Borthakur (IAS 1989-Batch) has been assigned the post of Additional Chief Secretary (ACS), Transformation & Development, Cultural Affairs and Tourism Departments. Also, he gets the charge of Chairman, Assam Administrative Tribunal and the additional charge of ACS, Sports & Youth Welfare Department.
2. Siddharth Singh (IAS 2005-Batch) has been shifted and appointed as Commissioner & Secretary, Health & Family Welfare Department. Singh also gets the additional charge of Commissioner & Secretary, Sports & Youth Welfare Department.
3. Rakesh Agarwala (IAS-Non-SCS 2009-Batch) gets the post of Commissioner of Taxes and Commissioner of Excise and the additional charge of Managing Director (MD), Assam Tea Corporation.
4. Pabitra Ram Khaund (IAS-SCS 2010-Batch) has been made Secretary, Irrigation Department.
5. Umamanda Doley (IAS-SCS 2010-Batch) has been transferred and appointed as Secretary, Welfare of Bodoland Department.
6. Adil Khan (IAS 2011-Batch) has been made Commissioner, Transport, State Project Director, Assam Inland Water Transport Development Society and MD, Assam Industrial Development Corporation (AIDC). Khan has also been assigned the additional charge of MD, Assam Skill Development Mission (ASDM).
7. Sadnek Singh (IAS 2014-Batch) has been made the Joint Secretary, Transport Department.