Pinarayi Vijayan, Chief Minister of Kerala launched the Integrated Official app of Kerala Police – “POL-APP” on June 10. The newly launched mobile app offers 27 citizen services as of yet. These services will be upgraded to 57 services in the second phase. The POL-APP is developed by TCS for Kerala Police.
The POL-APP offers 27 services under six domains – Citizen Services, Women and Child related Services, Citizen Safety Services, Information Services, Report to us (complaint redressal system), Rate our Services (feedback from citizens).
- Information regarding the nearest Police Station – Based on the location of the citizen, the app shows the nearest police station and also facilitates navigation to the same.
- Navigation to Jurisdictional Police Station – Based on the location of the citizen, the app shows the details of the jurisdictional Police Station and also facilitates navigation to the same.
- Contacts – Contact details of offices and officers of Kerala Police with search option also available.
- e-FIR (FIR Download) – FIR can be downloaded from the application.
- Payment Services – Payment can be made to Treasury for various services rendered by the department.
- Passport Verification Status – The status of Police Verification for Passport can be known.
- Senior Citizen – Citizens who would like to avail Janamaithry Services can register in the app. (It will be forwarded to Janamaithry Police).
Women and Child Services
- Track My Trip – This gives the facility of sharing the user’s location with three pre-registered private mobile numbers. In case of any emergency/panic situations, SOS call is generated.
- Fix an appointment with SHO for Women – This is a women-friendly initiative wherein a woman can fix an appointment with SHO of a police station, online.
Citizen Safety Services
- SOS Panic Message – Pressing the hard button or clicking the SOS facility activates panic message to Emergency Response Support System.
- Locked House Information – Citizens have the facility to report to the jurisdictional police station, when they are travelling out of the station, so that the SHO can alert the beat officers.
- Push Notifications – All relevant notifications can be forwarded to citizens.
- Social Media Feeds – Facebook, YouTube and Instagram of Kerala Police are available.
- Traffic Guru – Link to download the Traffic Rules Awareness Game
- Search – Search facility for all services is available
- Tourist Guide – Facility to search for a destination and to find the Jurisdictional Police Station.
- Helplines – List of various helpline numbers.
- Cyber awareness – To create awareness on common mistakes/frauds prevalent in cyberspace.
- Website links – Links of important official websites are provided in this feature.
Report To Us
- Offence Reporting – Citizens can directly report to the Police, certain categories of offences along with photos and description.
- Report Spam – Cases of fraud calls pertaining to ATM fraud/job opportunities can be reported to designated authority will mark such fraudulent calls as spam, which will alert other citizens.
- Information to Police – Public can share information to Police through this feature.
- Report Abandoned Child– Any child found abandoned in the streets can be reported along with a geo-tagged photograph, which will be forwarded to the Women and Child Welfare Control Room for onward action.
- Report Abandoned Women – Any woman found abandoned on streets, can be reported along with a geo-tagged photograph, which will be forwarded to Womenand Child Welfare Control Room.
- Report Abandoned Senior Citizen – Details of abandoned elders with photo can be reported, which will be informed to the senior citizen control room.
Rate Our Services
- Rate your Police Station – Anyone visiting the Police Station can give feedback on their experience.
- Rate the app – To collect feedback on the application.