The Housing Department, Government of Maharashtra along with Elets Technomedia is organising the second edition of ‘National Affordable Housing Summit’. The summit aims at encouraging affordable and sustainable housing with a focus on innovative cost effective housing technologies, greater private sector participation with Public Private Partnership (PPP) enabling exchange of knowledge and ideas to build habitable housing.
The second edition of the summit which is to be held in Mumbai on November 29, 2019 will witness conference, expo and awards and bring Government Officers heading Departments of Housing, Infrastructure and Urban Development, Representatives from Urban Local Bodies within Maharashtra and other states and Private Players across the country under one roof to deliberate and explore different avenues of affordable housing.
The summit aims to serve as a knowledge sharing platform for exploring key themes such as:
- Affordable Housing: Policy initiatives
- Innovative Housing Technologies
- Sustainable Development Strategies
- Green Technologies in Housing
- Zero-waste Housing Complexes
- Creating Infrastructure around Affordable Housing Projects
- Slum Redevelopment
- Housing for All: Success Stories
- Speeding up the Construction Work
- Opportunities, Challenges and Way ahead in Urban Transformation Scenario
- Housing Finance
- Impact of Real Estate Regulatory Authorities
The summit will witness participation from:
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India (MoHUA)
- Key decision makers from Government of India
- Key decision makers from Housing Department, Government of Maharashtra
- Department of Housing from states across the country
- Smart Cities
- Urban Local Bodies
- Statutory and Autonomous Bodies
- Officials from Public Sector Undertakings working with Housing Departments across the country
- Development Authorities
- Industry Leaders from various organisations working into the field of affordable housing
- Building and Construction Experts
- Innovators and Thinkers
- Research and Development organisations
Sanjay Kumar, Additional Chief Secretary, Housing Department, Government of Maharashtra who is the Programme Chair at the summit shared in a special video message, “The summit aims at bringing all real estate players, housing finance companies, banks, construction technology providers, architects, real estate consultants, housing societies and stakeholders under one roof to discuss and deliberate on various opportunities and issues related to affordable housing.” He also urged all the stakeholders to participate in the summit and help create a true knowledge sharing platform.
Rajendra Mirgane, Joint Chairman, Maharashtra Housing Development Corporation Limited in a video message said, “I request all the key stakeholders to participate in the summit and make it successful.”
Some of the key speakers at the summit will be Anthony De Sa, Chairman, Madhya Pradesh Real Estate Regulatory Authority; R A Rajiv, Metropolitan Commissioner, Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA); Deepak Kapoor, Chief Executive Officer, Slum Rehabilitation Authority Mumbai; Milind Mhaiskar, Vice President and CEO, Maharashtra Housing Area Development Authority (MHADA); Rajendra Mirgane, Joint Chairman, Maharashtra Housing Development Corporation Limited; D. Thara, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs Government of India; Dr Nidhi Pandey, Managing Director, Shivshahi Punarvasan Prakalp Limited; Rajendra Nimbalkar, Chief Executive Officer, Slum Rehabilitation Authority Pune; Radhakrishnan B, Chief Officer, Maharashtra Housing Area Development Authority (MHADA); Sheetal Teli Ugale, Metropolitan Commissioner, Nagpur Metropolitan Region Development Authority; Shiv Anant Tayal, Commissioner, Raipur Municipal Corporation and MD and CEO Raipur Smart City Limited; Dr. Shaleen, Chief Administrator, Haryana Housing Board and many more.
The first ‘Affordable Housing Summit’ was also organised by Housing Department, Government of Maharashtra along with Elets Technomedia on October 08, 2018 in Mumbai. The summit witnessed Prakash Mehta, Hon’ble Minister of Housing, Government of Maharashtra as the Guest of Honour and Ravindra Waikar, Hon’ble Minister of State for Housing, Government of India as the Special Guest. D K Jain, the then Chief Secretary, Government of Maharashtra gave a special address while Amrit Abhijat, Joint Secretary, PMAY and Mission Director (HFA), Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India was a keynote speaker. The summit was chaired by Sanjay Kumar, Additional Chief Secretary, Housing Department, Government of Maharashtra.
Visit Here for More Details : https://housing.eletsonline.com/