Linking your mobile number with Aadhaar just got easy as the Government has introduced an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) services which will facilitate the linking.
All mobile users have to link their Aadhaar with their mobile numbers latest by 31st March, 2018.
The new facility will give away the old process of biometric verification of the mobile users.
Steps to link Aadhaar with mobile number through OTP
- Call 14546 from your mobile number
- Choose the right option on being asked about Indian or an NRI
- Give consent to link Aadhaar with mobile number by pressing 1
- Provide their 12-digit Aadhaar number and press 1 to confirm.
- You will receive an OTP on the mobile
- Next, IVR process will require your mobile number after which you will have to give consent to your mobile operator to pick your personal details like name, photo, and date of birth from their records
- After giving consent, IVR will now read the last four digits of your mobile number to re-confirm your provided number
- Once, the re-confirmation is done, users can provide the OTP received via SMS
- After entering the OTP, you will be required to press 1 to complete the process. IVR will then mention that the Aadhaar-based mobile number re-verification process was successful.
After the process is completed, an SMS will be sent ot you mobile number. The Aadhaar linking can take upto 48 hours.