As far part of the NeGP, the Uttar Pradesh government has put in place the necessary infrastructure that can facilitate a digital interaction between the various departments and people. The SWAN is operational; the State Data Centres is operational; the State Service Delivery Gateway (SSDG) is operational; the State Portal is also operational. All other hardware, software and basically infrastructure facility that is required for e-Governance is in place. Today the state has almost 9000 CSCs (Common Services Centres) that are active. The state also has a structure for providing digital services in urban areas known by the name of Lokvani Kendras.
“We are now trying to attract major IT investments in the State. IT Industry can be a big job generator. So if all the software makers, the hardware makers, the BPOs, were to set up their establishments in Uttar Pradesh, it will lead to a big improvement in the employment situation. We are very keen on making that happen. We have already announced a package of incentives for the IT industry. We are also developing an IT City in Lucknow. We are also now developing IT parks in different parts of the State. Many prominent IT players are showing interest in setting up their development centres in Uttar Pradesh”
|“One of the most popular initiatives that we have taken is that of distribution of free laptops to the students. By distributing free laptops to students, we are ensuring that the next generation gets good experience of computers and computing, and they are in a position to take IT even forward in the state”
• Empowering the farmerfrom beneficiary to consumer
• Networking of all Co-operative Societies , fertilizer dealers, Departments and farmers , for bringing under a single roof for introducing supply chain model and delivering farm related services to the needy farmers
• Generates a master database/ agriculture directory of the district
• Mandates that applications for agriculture loan (KCC) are processed by the district coordinator of the concerned bank and the service branch manager in a time bound responsible manner and in strict adherence to RBI norms
• KISAN generates a service-specific receipt for all services (implements subsidy, fertilizer, seeds, KCC etc). Physical allotment of the services is done FIFO. Farmer can check the status of his booking anytime online.
• Popular measure that helps the farmer to choose fertilizers according to the need of the land
• It can provide information on whether/training programs etc to farmers through Voice SMS/SMS.
• Banks and insurance companies can use this database, enabling more rapid loan payments (KCC) to farmers and developing more personalized insurance packages respectively in transparent way.
An Initiative by Gonda District
In the rabi season 2012-13, a total of 7645 farmers availed the service for fertilizer. In Kharif season 2013 (season not complete), a total of 30142 farmers have so far availed of the service for fertilizer. In total, 80,143 farmers have registered for various services provided under KISAN.
Easy Gas Application Key Features
• Vanishing queues –over the counter for booking/delivery
• Transparent procedure and adequate supply ensures minimal crowds and reduces possibility of black marketeering and diversion to commercial use
• Enables the district administration/citizen to get accurate information about the stock positions, supply and deficits of this essential commodity. Software behaves as an accounting tool for the district administration, allowing for necessary intervention whenever required.
• 100 percent home-delivery for urban consumers within the stipulated time of 7 days and for rural consumers from the pre-identified distribution points
• Curb on third party procurement and hoarding. System alert on multiple bookings prevents diversion of domestic gas by commercial consumers.
• Facility to check booking status/ delivery schedule easily from anywhere
• SMS alert for Booking/Delivery
• It has generated employment for more than 260 technical persons and incentivized CSC into a commercially viable enterprise
An Initiative by Gonda District
In District Gonda, EASYGAS was rolled out in March 2012. Despite an intervening change in district authorities and few adverse interests, EASYGAS services continued to be offered by Lokvani operators. Till date more than 2 lakh bookings have been handled by the software. This demonstrates an ample measure of sustainability.
Principal Secretary, Information Technology & Electronics, Mining & Additional
Sources of Energy, Government of Uttar Pradesh