In a sweeping administrative overhaul, the Yogi Adityanath-led Uttar Pradesh state government has orchestrated a major shuffle within the bureaucratic ranks, affecting eight prominent Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officers, with six District Magistrates (DM) among them. Additionally, two IAS officers have received expanded responsibilities alongside their existing postings.
The alterations to the District Magistrate roles have been as follows:
District Magistrate of Fatehpur: IAS officer C Indhumathy, a member of the 2012 batch, has been newly appointed. She previously held the position of Mission Director in the Uttar Pradesh State Rural Livelihood Mission.
District Magistrate of Sultanpur: Kritika Jyotsna, a 2014 batch IAS officer, has assumed this role, departing from her prior positions as Special Secretary of the Food Logistics Department and Managing Director in the Uttar Pradesh State Food and Essential Commodities Corporation.
District Magistrate of Maharajganj: Anunay Jha, a 2015 batch IAS officer who served as the Municipal Commissioner of Mathura, now assumes this pivotal role.
District Magistrate of Barabanki: Satyendra Kumar, a 2013 batch IAS officer, has transitioned from his former role as the DM of Maharajganj to become the new DM of Barabanki.
District Magistrate of Jhansi: Avinash Kumar, another 2013 batch IAS officer who previously served as the DM of Barabanki, will now head Jhansi as the District Magistrate.
District Magistrate of Bareilly: Ravindra Kumar, a 2011 batch IAS officer, has been reassigned from his role as the DM of Jhansi to take on the responsibilities of DM in Bareilly.
In other significant appointments:
- Praveen Verma, a 2017 batch IAS officer who held the position of Chief Development Officer (CDO) in Ballia, has been designated as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Bundelkhand Industrial Development Authority (BIDA).
- Bal Krishna Tripathi, a 2008 batch IAS officer, has been appointed as the Commissioner in-Charge of the Chitrakoot Dham Division, a shift from his previous role as Special Secretary in the Agricultural Production Commissioner Branch.
- Dr. Shanmuga Sundaram M. K (M K S Sundaram), a 1997 batch IAS officer who previously served as the Principal Secretary of the Vocational Education and Skill Development Department, now assumes the role of Principal Secretary in the Basic Education Department.
- M. Devraj, a 1996 batch IAS officer, who currently holds the position of Principal Secretary in the Technical Education Department, has been granted an additional charge as the Principal Secretary of the Vocational Education and Skill Development Department.
- Partha Sarthi Sen Sharma, a senior 1994 batch IAS officer who is currently the Principal Secretary of the Medical Health and Family Welfare Department, has been entrusted with the additional responsibility of serving as the Principal Secretary of the Medical Education Department alongside his current post.
These significant administrative changes signify the state government’s commitment to enhancing governance and efficiency across various sectors within Uttar Pradesh.