The University Grants Commission (UGC) NET June 2020 application form will be released by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on March 16, 2020. In order to apply, candidates have to visit the official website and fill up the necessary details.
The applicants also need to upload their scanned photograph and signature in the given dimensions – 10 KB to 200 KB (photograph) and 4 KB to 30 KB (signature).
The category-wise application fee is as follows:
· General category – Rs 1,000
· General-EWS/OBC-NCL candidates: Rs 500
· SC/ST/PwD/transgender candidates: Rs 250
Important Dates of UGC NET 2020
|UGC NET 2020 Application Start Date||March 16, 2020|
|UGC NET 2020 Application Deadline||April 16, 2020|
|Release of UGC NET 2020 Admit Card||May 15, 2020|
|UGC NET 2020 Exam Window||June 15 to June 20, 2020|
|Result||July 5, 2020|
UGC NET 2020 Exam Pattern
UGC NET 2020 is conducted on computer-based mode and the duration of the exam is 180 minutes. It has two papers of 150 objective type multiple choice questions. Each question carries two marks and there is no negative marking scheme for wrong or unattempted questions. The table below brings to you the detailed exam pattern.
|Paper||Number of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|Paper 1||50||100||180 minutes (3 hours)|
UGC NET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- In order to be eligible for JRF, aspirants should not be more than 30 years in age
- For reserved category candidates, relaxation of five years in age criteria is given
- The aspirant should have minimum 55 percent aggregate marks in post-graduation
- For reserved category candidates, relaxation of five percent in educational qualification is given
- Candidates who have cleared SET (State Eligibility Test) before June 1, 2002, are exempted from taking the UGC NET examination.
- There is no age restriction of candidates applying for the post of Assistant Professor
It is estimated that over 10 lakh candidates will apply for the test. As many as 10,34,782 candidates had applied for the December 2019 exam out of which 7,93,813 candidates appeared for the test.