Gujarat is a preferred destination for domestic as well as global investors owing to its robust infrastructure, proactive governance, peace and prosperity. With a coastline of 1,600 km, it is well-connected to all the major port-based global trade routes, and other major trade cities by air route.
Strategically located on India’s west coast, Gujarat is one of the most economically developed regions in India with its prominence as a major hub of trade and commerce dating back to thousands of years. Gujarat’s economic and industrial leadership is attributed to the state’s enterprising people, proactive governance and a skilled and committed workforce. The enterprising state serves as a gateway to understand the worldview of New India. Growing at a CAGR of around 10 percent, Gujarat is among the leading state economies in India characterised by a constantly growing per capita income and steady rise in development expenditure. Gujarat is a national leader and manufacturing powerhouse in industries like Drugs & Pharmaceuticals, Dairy, Engineering, Textiles, Chemicals & Petrochemicals, Gems & Jewellery and Ceramics, among others.
Pillars of Gujarat’s industrialization
- Entrepreneurial Gujarati spirit
- Proactive & business friendly Government
- Effective and inclusive policies – for MSMEs and large industries, for Tax subsidy, Capital subsidy, Interest Subsidy etc.
- Power surplus state
- Presence of entire value chain in key sectors – Textiles, Chemicals and Petrochemicals, Engineering, Automotive
- Enabling Infrastructure
- Labor Peace and Very Competitive Labor Cost
- Availability of Skilled Manpower
- Effective Handholding of Investors
World’s largest crude oil refinery Reliance Jamnagar and India’s largest chemical complex OPaL in Dahej are located in Gujarat. Also, Gujarat is the first state to have an operational Petroleum, Chemical and Petrochemicals Investment Region (PCPIR) in India, developed over an area of 453 sq. km.
Renowned for new opportunities and growth avenues across sectors, Gujarat is fast developing as a major automobile hub in India with 15% of the total FDI received by the state coming from automobile sector. The state is home to some of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers such as Ford, Honda, Tata, SAIC, Suzuki, etc, supported by a sound base of 30 clusters comprising of castings, brass parts, electric motors, bearings and auto-ancillaries.
A major contributor to Government of India’s ‘Make in India’ programme, the state government follows a policy-driven approach focusing on holistic support to various segments of industries including Agri business, Aerospace and Defence, Electronics, Biotechnology, Tourism, Textile, Renewable energy, etc, to provide a huge impetus to growth of business in the state.
Gujarat- A Pharma & Engineering Hub
- 53% of the total medical devices manufactured in India
- 15% of India’s drug formulations exports
- 18.8% of India’s bulk drugs exports
- 40% of India’s pharma machinery manufactured in Gujarat
- Rs 43,000 crore pharmaceutical production in Gujarat
- Hub of National Engineering Industry
- 9% share in national engineering output
- 18% share in state’s total industrial production
- Accounts for 12% fabrication of metal products
- Accounts for 8% basic metals
- Accounts for 17% of machinery and equipment
- Accounts for 7% of electrical equipment
Special emphasis has been laid on developing Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector, which is essential to drive employment, innovation and competition in many economic sectors. Gujarat has consistently been ranked among leading Indian states as per the national Ease of Doing Business rankings. As part of its efforts to promote investment, a dedicated IT-driven Investor Facilitation Agency has been established by the state to facilitate over 90 business related approvals pertaining to 16 departments through a Single Window Portal.
Robust infrastructure – Key to Gujarat’s Economic growth
- 156,177 km of well-surfaced roads providing excellent connectivity across the State
- Railway route length 5259 km
- On-going Metro projects in Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Surat
- Upcoming High Speed Railway corridor between Ahmedabad & Mumbai
- 36% of Dedicated Freight Corridor lies in Gujarat
- 17 operational airports and airstrips with 02 international airports
- 40% of India’s Port Cargo handled by Gujarat ports
- > 30 GW installed power generation capacity providing 24×7 un-interrupted supply
- Peak demand of about 15 GW
- Tele-density (‘00 popl.): 113.70 among the highest in India
- Internet subscribers: 27.3 million
- State-wide 120,769 km long water supply grid
Natural Gas Grid
- 2600 km operational gas grid network passing through 25 districts
- 25 MMSCMD transmitted through grid
For exploring investments opportunities in Gujarat, please contact
Industrial Extension Bureau
A Government of Gujarat Organization Block No. 18, 2nd Floor, Udyog Bhavan,
Sector 11, Gandhinagar 382 017. (Gujarat) India
Phone: +91-79-2325 6009, 23250492 / 93; Fax: +91-79-23250490 Email: email@example.com