Udhyam Protsahan Sansthan (UPS) is an autonomous body of Rajasthan dedicated to the cause of providing an enabling environment for organising exhibitions as well as constructing exhibition centers, writes Elets News Network (ENN).
Udhyam Protsahan Sansthan (UPS) is an autonomous body of Rajasthan constituted in October,1995 primarily for organising National, State and District level industrial exhibitions, constructing permanent exhibition centres for round the year exhibitions as well as organising buyers-sellers meets. UPS also participates in National and International exhibitions to display exquisite products unique to the State in such exhibitions and imparts training to artisans and organizes industrial fairs.
In the overall analysis, Udhyam Protsahan Sansthan (UPS) is mandated with the following objectives
- To conduct market survey for industries.
- To organise exhibitions and establishment and running of Haat.
- To construct permanent bases for exhibitions.
- To organise sellers-buyers meet.
- To disseminate the market information among entrepreneurs.
- To assist entrepreneurs in exporting their products.
- To conduct study tours with a view to develop markets.
- To exhibit the local products in national and international exhibitions.
- To assist in the improvement of the quality of the products being manufactured in the State.
- To provide information of industries products of the State to buyers.
- To organise training, guidance,information camps and courses for the benefit of entrepreneurs.
- To publish literature in the form of papers, case studies, reports, brochures, pamphlets, periodicals, etc.
- To establish, maintain or manage offices, counters, show-rooms anywhere required to further the cause of market development.
- To raise or borrow money from time to time for any object of the institute with or without giving any security goods or articles or by mortgaging or pledging, charging, hypothecating, or selling or receiving, on the sale of any land, building, machinery, goods, assets of revenue of the Sansthan present or future as the Governing Body may in its absolute discretions being expedient.
- To do all such things as may be necessary, incidental or conducive to the attainment of all or any of the objects of the Sansthan. There shall be no profit motto in achieving the objects of the Sansthan.
Promoting Urban Haats
On the pattern of Delhi Haat, Urban Haats have been set up by UPS in Jaipur, Jodhpur and Ajmer. The first phase of Jodhpur Urban Haat is completed and now functional; the first phase of the Jaipur Urban Haat at Parshuramdwara is also completed and functional.
Also Read: CSR: Rajasthan Industry’s Altruistic Face
The Ajmer Haat is now operational, while construction work has started at Urban Haats in Alwar and Sikar.