The Bureau of Investment Promotion (BIP) is facilitating investments in Rajasthan through the Single Window Clearance System it has developed, observes Elets News Network (ENN).
Bureau of Investment Promotion (BIP)
To facilitate investment in various sectors, the Bureau of Investment Promotion (BIP) plays the key role as the nodal agency of the Government of Rajasthan. It provides one–stop service mainly for the large projects (above Rs 10 crores) by acting as an interface between entrepreneurs and the government for grant of speedy clearances and redressal of issues.
BIP acts as the single point of contact for complete backup support right from project conceptualisation to final implementation as well as for post investment services. BIP also plays a significant role in developing investment policies for the State.
The services provided by BIP during the various phases of investment include:
In exploratory phase:
- Provide general and sector-specific information on Rajasthan
- Provide support in identification and coordination for site selection
- Provide information on clearances and permissions required
In implementation phase:
- Receive permit/license applications via Single Window Mechanism
- Facilitate contact with government entities for obtaining land
In operational phase:
- Support in expansion activities
- Ongoing support in handling investment related issues
SWCS – The Salient Features
- Single point of contact for business to obtain all clearances, registrations and approvals
- Unique Business Registration Number (BRN) for all units
- Online submission, payment and tracking of applications, without any physical touch point
- Providing all Services through Single Sign- On technology via Single Window
- Dynamic Common Application Form available
- Digitally Signed certificates generated
- SMS and e-mail alerts sent out at each step to the applicant
- Online Grievance Redressal
Single Window Clearance System (SWCS)
Single Window Clearance System was implemented in the State via Legislation “The Rajasthan Enterprises Single Window Enabling and Clearance Act, 2011”. Thereafter, a new Single Window Clearance System (SWCS) was developed and launched on 1st June, 2016.
A total of 15 Departments/ Corporations have been included till now under the New SWCS. This includes Labour, Factories & Boilers, RIICO, Energy, Revenue, Tourism, Local Self Government, Urban Development Housing, PHED, Rajasthan Pollution Control Board (RPCB) and Industries Department. These departments are providing 100 services for clearance through ‘Composite Application Form’ (CAF) filed by the investor.
Also Read: Industrial Policy: New Dawn for Rajasthan
The SWCS has till date facilitated a number of projects. Some of these include Saint Gobain, Lafarge, BOSCH, Shalby Hospital, Honda Cars, JCB, Hero Moto Corp., Genpact, Narayan Hrudayala, Eternal Hospital, Fortis, Kajaria, Raffles University, World Trade Park and Perto.