The government has announced some changes in its administrative setup by giving additional charges to some officers and making a new appointment:
- Ameising Lukham, an IAS officer of Assam-Meghalaya cadre of 1981 batch and currently Public Enterprises Secretary, has been given the additional charge of Secretary, Department of Heavy Industry in the absence of Girish Shankar, an IAS officer of 1982 batch of Bihar cadre.
- Jitendra Shankar Mathur, an IAS officer of Madhya Pradesh cadre of 1982 batch and currently Panchayati Raj Secretary, has been given the additional charge of the post of Secretary, Department of Rural Development.
- Dr Amarjit Singh, an IAS officer of Gujarat cadre of 1982 batch, currently serving as Special Secretary, Ministry of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation, has been given the additional charge of CEO, Polavaram Project Authority.
- Sobhana Kamala Sudarsana Rao, an IFS officer of Kerala cadre from 1987 batch, currently Development Commissioner, Visakhapatnam SEZ, has been given the additional charge of Development Commissioner, Andhra Pradesh Industrial Infrastructure Corporation Limited, Visakhapatnam.
- Ratan P Watal, an IAS officer (Retd) of 1978 batch from Andhra Pradesh cadre and former Finance Secretary, has been appointed as Principal Adviser (Social Sector), NITI Aayog for a period of three years.