The Government of India has appointed 11 new Joint Secretaries (JS), including a, who has been placed at the Department of Electronics & Information Technology (DeitY). He is a 1997 batch IAS officer of UD cadre and has replaced Ajay Kumar, who is a 1985 batch IAS officer of Kerala cadre.
The other 10 who have been appointed are as follows:
- Vikram Singh Gaur, a 1986 batch Indian Forest Service (IFS) officer of Jharkhand cadre, has been appointed as JS in NITI Aayog.
- Gyanesh Bharti, a 1998 batch IAS officer of AGMUT cadre, has been appointed as JS in the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change.
- Vivek Joshi, a 1989 batch Haryana cadre IAS officer, has been appointed as JS in the Department of Expenditure.
- S K Dev Verman, a 1988 batch Manipur cadre IAS officer, is new JS in the Ministry of Minority Affairs.
- Santosh D Vaidya, a 1998 batch AGMUT cadre IAS officer, has been appointed as JS, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy.
- O P Chaudhary, a 1989 batch MP cadre IFS officer is JS in the Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries.
- S C Barmma, a 1987 batch Indian Postal Service (IPoS) officer is new JS in the Department of Justice.
- Rakesh Kumar, a 1992 batch IAS officer, has been appointed as Senior Deputy Director General (Joint Secretary-level) in the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
- K Rajeshwar Rao, a 1988 Tripura cadre IAS officer, has been made Joint Secretary in the Department of Health & Family Welfare.
- Nikunj Kumar Srivastava, a 1998 batch Madhya Pradesh cadre IAS officer, has been appointed as Joint Secretary in the Department of Personnel & Training.