I. Mobile / basic phone based G2C e-governance initiative for redressing public grievances effectively.
• For bridging the digital divide and communication gap, the most potent, reliable, easily accessible, time-cost-labour effective platform is telephone (Mobile/ Landline).
• This project has effectively used the best features of telephone like call features, SMS based feature, Internet browsing feature, etc., for effective redressal of the grievances of common man.
II. Call recording feature
In JSK each and every incoming call and outgoing call is automatically recorded by the voice logger software, which saves the complete call conversation with telephone number, date, time and file name. This unique feature is useful for:
• Extracting more details regarding the grievance registered at any point of time.
• It also ensures extending warm welcome and positive response by the staff / officers deployed at Jhansi Jan Suvidha Kendra.
• It is very useful for filtering and sorting out, fallacious and false complaints.
III. Round the clock availability of services
The services of JSK are available round the clock (24x7x365) so that no aggrieved person goes unattended at any point of time.
IV. Effective use of SMS services
JSK has effectively demonstrated the beneficial use of Short Message Services (SMS) feature of mobile telephone for:
• Intimating the aggrieved person his/her grievance number and other details
• Intimating the concerned department officer regarding details of grievance through SMS for quick and positive response.
• Intimating the aggrieved person regarding disposal details through SMS as soon as the grievance is disposed within the
• Intimating the concerned officer regarding disposal of the grievance pending with him.
• Intimating the administrative officers of JSK and all the Head of Departments of district every day about total grievance
status of district / department.
• When any grievance is shifted from normal pending status to a default status, Internet generated automatic SMS is sent to aggrieved person and officer concerned intimating the present status and to clear the pendency as soon as possible.
V. 100 percent cross verification of disposal details of every grievance
Each and every disposal detail is cross verified by the officers and staff deployed at JSK by calling the aggrieved person, intimating him regarding the disposal details and also taking his feedback in this regard, thus ensuring time bound effective and qualitative disposal of grievance. In case of dissatisfaction of the complainant the concerned officer is asked to
look into it again accordingly.
VI. Ensuring constant and effective communication
Throughout the process of receiving, registering, intimating, monitoring, disposing grievances and cross verification
of disposed grievances JSK staff keeps itself personally in touch both with the aggrieved person and concerned officer
through active call and SMS
VII. Regular monitoring at highest level
Pending status, default status of grievances, disposal quality of grievances registered, is being monitored on daily and weekly basis by the Chairman and the Administrators of JSK. The concerned officials talk to the complainants on regular basis by phone.
VIII. Strengthening the Right To Information Act (RTI)2005
The complete data (aggrieved person’s personal detail, contact number, brief summary of grievance, the department/ officer responsible for disposal, disposal details, etc.,) is available on the website of Jan Suvidha Kendra for administrative purposes