The JSK is an attempt to provide efficient and responsive platform for handling public grievances. It is based on Service Oriented Architecture and seeks to improve transparency in grievance redressal procedures and increase the efficiency of existing office staff so that people can have access to desired services in a timely manner
Project for serving the citizens
The Jan Suvidha Kendra (JSK) was first started in Jhansi district of Uttar Pradesh, and since then it has been replicated in many other districts. The project has led to the creation of a platform for contact less, quick, responsive, cost-time-labour saving, easily accessible 24X7 service for speedy and qualitative disposal of public grievances. The four most important requirements essential for any e-governance initiative to be successful are Reliability, Replicability, Sustainability and Security. The JSK project fulfils all these four requirements.
| The Jan Suvidha Kendra aims to provide services in a professional and citizen friendly environment by:
• Saving precious time, cost & labour of people visiting Officers/ office time and again for getting information, lodging complaints & inquiring their status, etc.
• Reducing the response time of the concerned department and increase in their accountability and efficiency
• Streamlining the functioning of office using the latest tools available with Information & Communication Technology like SMS and internet
• Reduce duplication of efforts, thereby improving the efficiency and productivity of manpower at the office setup
• Ensuring constant and effective communication throughout the process of disposal of grievance
I. Mobile / basic phone based G2C e-governance initiative for redressing public grievances effectively.
• For bridging the digital divide and communication gap, the most potent, reliable, easily accessible, time-cost-labour effective platform is telephone (Mobile/ Landline).
• This project has effectively used the best features of telephone like call features, SMS based feature, Internet browsing feature, etc., for effective redressal of the grievances of common man.
II. Call recording feature
III. Round the clock availability of services
IV. Effective use of SMS services
V. 100 percent cross verification of disposal details of every grievance
VI. Ensuring constant and effective communication
VII. Regular monitoring at highest level
VIII. Strengthening the Right To Information Act (RTI)2005