In a recent bureaucratic reshuffle moved ahead of the polls, the Election Commission of India transferred and posted eight IPS officers across the State of Punjab to new posts.
- Gurinder Singh Dhillon (IPS 1997-Batch) has been transferred and appointed as Inspector General of Police (IGP), Crime. He will also hold the additional charge of IGP Technical Services.
- Mukhwinder Singh Chhina (IPS 1997-Batch) will take over the charge of IGP, Security.
- Jaskaran Singh (IPS 1998-Batch) has been shifted and assigned the charge of IGP, Punjab Armed Police, Jalandhar.
- Ajay Maluja (IPS) has been transferred and given the post of Additional Inspector General (AIG) of Police, GRP-II, Pb. Patiala.
- Rakesh Kaushal (IPS) will assume the post of Commandant, 3rd Commando Battalion, SAS Nagar.
- Virendra Paul Singh (IPS) has been given the post of AIG, Human Resource Department, Chandigarh and the additional charge of AIG, Security.
- Opinderjit Singh Ghuman (IPS) has been transferred and posted as Commandant, 27th Battalion, Punjab Armed Police, Jalandhar.
- Sukhpal Singh (IPS) has been made Superintendent of Police (SP), Special Protection Unit (CM Security).