The Government of Punjab, on October 31, ordered the transfer and posting of 16 seniors IAS officers and an IRTS officer across the state causing a major reshuffle in the administrative lineup of Punjab.
1. Anurag Agarwal (IAS 1990-Batch) has been transferred ans assigned the charge of Additional Chief Secretary-cum-Financial Commissioner, Cooperative.
2. A Venu Prasad (IAS 1991-Batch) has been shifted and posted as Additional Chief Secretary, Parliamentary Affairs. He has also been given the additional charges of Chairman and Managing Director (CMD), Punjab State Power Corporation Limited; CMD, Punjab State Transmission Corporation Limited; and Additional Chief Secretary-cum- Finance Commissioner, Taxation.
3. Dilip Kumar (IAS 1995-Batch) has been made Principal Secretary, Science Technology and Enironment. Kumar will also hold the additional charges of Mission Director, Tandrust Punjab; Principal Secretary, Employment Generation and Training; and Principal Resident Commissioner, Punjab Bhawan, New Delhi.
4. Devinder Pal Singh Kharbanda (IAS 2007-Batch) has been appointed as Director, Social Security, Women and Child Development.
5. Bhupinder Singh (IAS 2007-Batch) will be assuming the charge of Managing Director (MD), Punjab State Warehousing Corporation Limited.
6. Amit Kumar (IAS 2008-Batch) will take over as Special Secretary, Medical Education and Research.
7. Devinder Singh (IAS 2010-Batch) has been transferred and posted as Deputy Commissioner, Ferozepur.
8. B Srinivasan (IAS 2011-Batch) will hold the charge of Special Secretary, Home Affairs and Justice with the additional charge of Director, Disinvestment.
9. Vineet Kumar (IAS 2012-Batch) has been made Commissioner, Municipal Corporation, Patiala.
10. Surabhi Malik (IAS 2012-Batch) has been shifted and given the charge of MD, Punjab Health System Corporation and the additional charge of CEO, State Health Agency, Punjab.
11. Poonamdip Kaur (IAS 2013-Batch) has been made Deputy Commissioner, Fatehgarh Sahib.
12. Jaspreet Singh (IAS 2014-Batch) has been shifted and assigned the post of Additional Deputy Commissioner (General), Ferozepur.
13. Paramjit Singh (IAS 2014-Batch) will take over the post of Director, State Transport.
14. Upkar Singh (IAS 2015-Batch) will assume the charge of Director Public Instructions (DPI), Colleges.
15. Akash Bansal (IAS 2019-Batch) will take up the charge of Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM), Talwandi Sabo.
16. Nirmal Ousppechan (IAS 2019-Batch) has been made Sub-Divisional Officer (SDO), Jaito. The officer will also hold the additional charge of Registrar, Baba Farid University.
17. Yashanjit Singh (IRTS 2011-Batch) has been shifted and appointed as Special Secretary, Finance with the additional charge of Additional MD, Punjab Infrastructure Development Board.