To restrict the rising number of COVID-19 cases in the state, the Government of Rajasthan has imposed a weekend curfew in the state in effect from 6 pm on Friday till 5 am on Monday. The Chief Minister of Rajasthan, Ashok Gehlot, took to Twitter on April 15 to announce the weekend curfew in the state. Besides, CM Gehlot urged citizens to comply with the COVID-19 protocols and cooprate with the state government.
Earlier, a 12-hour-long night curfew had already been imposed in Rajasthan that is in effect between 6 pm and 6 am everyday and will remain in effect till April 30. The newly imposed weekend curfew restrictions from 6 pm on Friday till 5 am on Monday is in addition to the existing night curfew.
Functional During Curfew
- As per the state government’s orders, stores dealing in essential commodities such as groceries, dairies, fruits and vegetables, bakery products, milk supply, and confectionaries shall also remain open. However, the stores have been directed to comply with COVID-19 protocols.
- In addition, banks, insurance offices, ATMs and other financial services have been given green signal to remain functional.
- Alongside, the supply of LPG cylinders would be as normal even during the curfew hours.
- Emergency medical and healthcare-related facilities, such as hospitals, nursing homes, diagnostic centres, medicinal clinics, pharmacies and other associated services. Moreover, pharmaceutical companies and medical insurance offices shall also remain operational. Also, doctors, nurses, paramedical staff of private clinics will be working. Pregnant women and patients are allowed to travel to seek medical help if needed.
- The state government has asked the workplaces with more than 100 employees to allow only 50 per cent of the staff to come to office and the rest of the employees shall switch to work from home mode.
Restrictions During the Curfew
- All the religious events, fairs, fetes and festivities in both rural and urban areas are banned.
- All the educational and teaching institutions, coaching classes, and libraries in the state have been directed to remain shut.
- Restaurants have been asked not to process home deliveries post 8 pm, however, in-house guest services in hotels shall remain operational.
- Further, cinema halls, theatres, multiplexes, and amusement parks will remain shut untill further notice. Also, swimming pools and gymnasiums shall remain closed.
- For planned wedding functions, private parties, or other functions no more than 50 guests are allowed.