1) Good morning all dear ones. We are on 27th of April, and a Monday.
2) Wishing you all a fruitful week and days ahead.
3) Given the likelihood of infection- fear persisting for longer time, we should learn to adapt to the new normal.
4) This implies continuing with work, by lacing the approach with a new protocol. This will include adherence to all precautionary measures advised to check the Pandemic; and infusing our work culture with distributed and horizontal modes of interface.
5) In this context, reliance on technology will have to increase: tele- conf, video- conf, mails, Apps, etc. More importantly every support staff will need to get self- responsible for delivery.The CEO/Manager in you must lay down new KPIs(key performance indicators) as tools of supervision and guidance. Hence, we will need to bring in new format of MIS(management information system).
6) Each of us in our respective domains, and at whatever station of professional life must reorganise our work style.
7) Every challenge is an opportunity. And, necessity is the mother of invention.Let these wise- old sayings not remain bound to our memory for use in speeches and articles. They are our necessary guide- posts today.
8) We therefore, need not be fearful of a forced hold- back. We may in fact come out with leaner organisations, and more effective and efficient delivery systems at higher total factor productivity(better resource use efficiency).
9) As we begin the new week and progress into a new month, lets stop ruing over the likely scenario of lockdown etc., and restructure our personal and professional life.
10) Life is dynamic.Change is the only Constant. Lets therefore, get positive and proactive, brushing away the lethargy and mind -cloud.
11) We shall do all this, while taking care of our families, neighbours, the needy and ourselves against Corona.
12) Wishing all,a very productive and cheerful week ahead.
13) Stay healthy, and always entertain positive thoughts.
14) Lets keep spreading a positive cheer. Hene, what we forward or write or say to share with our friends and relatives,must end up with a light of hope in the mind and heart of the receipient.
About the Author:
Dr. Ashok Dalwai is a 1984 batch IAS officer. He enjoys Secretary rank in Government of India and currently posted as CEO of National Rainfed Area Authority(NRAA) in Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Government of India