The Government of Rajasthan’s Department of Information Technology & Communication (DoIT&C) is actively working towards establishing an effective and integrated Geographical Information System (GIS) infrastructure of the State, observes Elets News Network (ENN).
In an endeavour to enable good governance, sustainable development, citizens’ empowerment and maintain standardised GIS assets of the State, ‘Rajdharaa’ scheme has been created. According to DoIT&C, the primary objective of establishing Rajdharaa scheme is to develop a state-wide web-based geo-portal to acquire, process, store, distribute and improve the utilisation of geo-spatial data based on Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) standards, and develop a Data Clearing House (DCH), which would be a gateway of spatial data being generated by various agencies of the Government of Rajasthan.
It needs to be mentioned here that OGC is an international not-for-profit organisation committed to make quality standards for the global geo-spatial community. The Rajdharaa scheme is also mandated to include policies, framework, hardware, software, application, data, modelling and methods that deals with spatially referenced and geographically tagged/linked data/information as well as non-spatial data for creating multi-dimensional decision support system. It would provide a single window service to citizens to increase the efficiency and productivity of all departmental agencies such as Medical nd Health, Police, Utilities, Power, Commercial Taxes, Water Resources, Education, Forestry, Agriculture, Urban Development, etc.
The Government of Rajasthan is also currently developing 3D-Models and virtual walkthroughs of various historical monuments, heritage infrastructure important buildings,modern and old colonies, which would enable various Line Departments like Urban Development, Town Planning, PWD etc, to create prototypes of largescale infrastructure development, transportation planning, cadastral and land planning, town planning, modelling and impact assessments in 3D GIS environment. The upcoming 3D city model will be integrated with Rajdharaa for providing a seamless view of the developed 3D models on web.
Rajasthan’s GIS Initiatives
Developed 30+ GIS-based interfaces covering approx. 30 departments/schemes
Single gateway to access spatial and non-spatial data
Creation of base map consisting administrative and revenue boundaries, water bodies, transportation network etc, and high resolution base imagery
Creation of GIS based repository of State’s assets
Workflow based works management system to monitor progress of infrastructure development activities
Geo enablement of masterplan under ULB
Land bank for industrial development
Sharing of data/layers among Line Departments
Advanced analytics and structured Decision Support System for undertaking Inter-Sectoral Planning
GIS based Workflow Management System
- Online creation, approval and sanctioning of works on GIS platform
- Increased work force productivity by geo-tagged monitoring of work
- Real time work progress reporting with geo-tagged photos
- GIS-based dashboard for effective planning and works management
- Better co-ordination between department and other stakeholders
Rajasthan’s 3D GIS Initiatives
- 3D based Online Building Plan Approval System
- An initiative to strengthen the Ease-of-Doing-Business by automating the approval system in State.
- Strengthen the Ease-of-Doing- Business processing through Government’s Single Window Clearance System
- Fully automated drawing scrutiny system with a pre-check engine l Supports 2D (.dwg) drawings and 3D (.ifc) models
- Better Building Development Controls
- Application tracking and status messaging/email facility
- Integrated payment gateway
Enabling Heritage Sites Turn Digital
- Digital preservation and documentation of heritage monuments
- As-Built Architectural Model of Rajasthan forts and heritage monuments
- User driven interactive 3D walkthrough, virtual reality, augmented reality, light & sound shows, now at:
- Amer Fort
- Jantar Mantar
- Albert Hall
- Hawa Mahal
- City Palace – Jaipur
- City Palace – Udaipur
- 8 Gates of Walled City, Jaipur and surrounding Badi Chopar area Under Development:
- Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) based as-built 3D model creation for Kumbhalgarh Fort is currently under process
- Tourists can now discover fascinating facts about the following ancient monuments while playing games.
Currently, the monuments under this include:
- Hawa Mahal
- Albert Hall
3D City Solutions for Jaipur
- GIS based Virtual 3D City Model of Jaipur
- Covers entire Master Development Plan –2025 Area (approx. 3000 SqKM)
- Data creation using advanced technologies like
- Establishment of Ground Control Network using DGPS
- Aerial data using aircraft/ drones for photography & LiDAR l Street data using vehicle / backpack mounted LiDAR & 3600 photography
- Advanced Decision Support System (DSS) with ability to plan, simulate, visualise and monitor the entire city
- Solution to include Unified Dashboard for project management, designing, planning and monitoring of the city level initiatives
- Integration with existing 2D GIS platform and other state projects
- Various use-cases with impact assessment capability related to urban planning, emergency / disaster management, utilities management, noise emission, traffic management, etc, being developed in first phase.
- City navigation in 3D perspective to enhance visual depiction and easy identification of location
- Assist various departments and agencies like Urban Development & Housing Department (UDH), Jaipur Development Authority (JDA), Town Planning, Pollution Control Board, Jaipur Municipal Corporation, Police Department, etc.
eGov Magazine is an initiative of Elets Techomedia Pvt Ltd existing since 2003.
Now, Elets' YouTube channel, a treasure of premier innovation-oriented knowledge-conferences and awards, is also active.
To Subscribe Free Click Here