Nine new Joint Secretaries, including five IAS and four officers belonging to other services, have been appointed in the Central Government Ministries as part of a bureaucratic reshuffle effected by the Government of India recently. The postings are as follows:
- Usha Padhee, a 1996 batch IAS officer of Odisha cadre, has been appointed as Joint Secretary for a period of five years in the Civil Aviation Ministry.
- Arabinda K Padhee, also from the same batch and cadre, has been appointed as the Joint Secretary in the Department of Fertilisers.
- Rajan Shukla, an IAS officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre, is the new Joint Secretary in the Department of Consumer Affairs.
- V Vidyawathi has been appointed as the Joint Secretary in the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT).
- Parag Gupta, a 1988 batch IAS officer of Odisha cadre, has been made the Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Food Processing Industries.
- Indian Revenue Service or IRS officer Mohanish Verma has been appointed as the Protector General of Emigrants (Joint Secretary level) in the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs. He is a 1987 batch Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax cadre) officer, and has been appointed for a tenure of five years.
- Shri Krishna, also from the same service, has been made the Deputy Director General (JS level) in the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
- Amitabh Gautam, an Indian Forest Service officer, is new Joint Secretary in the Department of Agriculture and Cooperation.
- Smita Kumar, a 1987 batch officer of the Indian Postal Service, has been appointed as Joint Secretary in the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances.