ABM Knowledgeware Ltd has a vision to work with large Government organisations for automating their critical business processes with focus on achieving ‘Leadership, Credibility and Profitability’, says Prakash B Rane, MD, ABM Knowledgeware Ltd, in an interaction with Elets News Network (ENN)
Tell us about ABM Knowledgeware Ltd.
ABM is an IT software and services company focused on eGovernance segment. It is the owner of several trademarks and re-usable software frameworks. Our various eGovernance solutions deliver more than 20 million citizen services per year today as against 4.2 million in 2010 and growing. Several states have selected ABM for a state-wide rollout of crucial citizen facing projects. Many of our projects are quoted as exemplary case studies in various prestigious journals and research reports. We have the unique distinction of long sustenance of most of our projects as well as ensuring satisfactory RoI to our customers. Key customers awarded us crucial eGovernance projects as we competed for them with the prominent four MNCs and another big four Indian IT firms in the last three years.
What products and services does ABM offer?
Some offerings of ABM Knowledgeware Ltd are:
eMunicipality – ABM MAINet® (Municipal Administrative Information Network) is a customised ERP for providing eGovernance to a typical municipal corporation to create eMunicipality. It encompasses every department of a municipal corporation.
SAP Practice – ABM provides subject matter expertise, software licences and entire implementation and post-implementation support to large corporations. Our ERP Center of Excellence continuously enriches our consultants with new technologies, knowledge management and solution architecting with focus on Government segments.
Government Resource Planning (GRP) – GRP is an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) for Government. It is an indigenous ‘integrated office automation system for government and other government bodies’. This offering is focused on helping both State and Central Government organisations and other bodies shift to an end to-end digitised enterprise to improve service delivery and increase efficiency.
Water Billing and Accounting – The offering provides consumer relationship management solution for water supply through standardisation of customer facilitation centres. Services such as information helpdesk, billing and collection- related services, MIS reports, grievance redressals, multiple citizen services delivery channels like Portal, Mobile, Kiosks, etc., are key solutions of the offering.
Property Tax Capital Value Reforms and Automation – With a unique feature of supporting various assessment methods, such as Ratable value, Capital value and Area- based systems, it covers all the aspects of assessment and billing. It also enables transparent tax assessment and collection.
Double Entry Accounting Reforms and Automation – It helps in initiating changes and helping Government bodies in migrating from single entry to double entry accounting system, and customisation of product to suit relevant needs of organisation.
It (Digital India mission) can open doors on young IT entrepreneurs in spaces like IT services and BPR, ITES, IT products and in areas of SMAAC (Social Media, Mobility, Analytics, Apps and Cloud Computing)
Tourism Portal – Tourism portal has a content management system with robust document management solution. The entire reservation system is revamped and replaced with a new reservation engine. The portal includes geo-location features, development of a mobile web site as well as device-specific mobile applications.
Who are ABM’s major clients and what services you offer them?
Our clients and services are:
- SAP implementation at Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai
- ABM MAINet® implementation at Kalyan Dombivli Municipal Corporation and 231 urban local bodies of Maharashtra
- State-wide implementation of eMunicipality in Bihar and Madhya Pradesh
- Property Tax Reforms and Automation at Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai
- GRP implementation at Chennai Port Trust and in Jharkhand
- ABM Aqua at several large and small municipal bodies in Maharashtra
- Double Entry Accounting System Reforms at Director General of Defence Estate across all India
- Tourism portal at Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation
What are the major achievements of the company?
ABM has won several major recognitions, including
- ABM Managing Director Prakash Rane recognised as one of the ‘The Economic Times 50 Inspiring Entrepreneurs of India’ in Feb 2015
- Recognised by Silicon India Magazine as “Company of the Year 2014: e-Governance” – An annual recognition of a company in eGovernance representing continuing rise and glory of entrepreneurship and also recognising companies impacting the market place
- Placed amongst top three Finalist nominees in CNBC TV18 award out of two lakh applications in different categories across the country
- Recognised as one of the Top 20 IT Services Companies in India founded and managed by an Indian promoter by Silicon Review
- Conferred the Skoch Order-of-Merit Award for SAP Implementation & Services to Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM).
- Dr Isher Judge Ahluwalia, Chairperson of the High Powered Expert Committee on Urban Infrastructure and Services of GoI (Government of India), has included a section on ABM’s eMunicipality project (after spending one day in the concerned ULB) in her book on “Transforming Our Cities – Postcards of Change”
- We have gone from a one city company to pan-India level within a decade
- Market capitalisation has grown 70 times and employee strength has grown 120 times in the last 15 years
Will ABM launch any new service in the coming fiscal? If yes, what would be its unique features?
Many of our customers are reaching stages of IT maturity. So, we will be focusing on areas like Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) and Security. We will be enabling our flagship products with features like integration with Social Media, Mobility features , offer Analytics and Apps for better leveraging of our applications.
We will be strengthening our all India focus and making foray into new geographies with our existing and enhanced offerings. We will also be strengthening our new product offering, i.e. GRP, through a newly formed Strategic Business Unit (SBU).
Briefly share your views on Digital India campaign, PMJDY and ‘Make in India’ mission.
With proliferation of mobiles and catching up of Aadhaar enrolment, India has unprecedented opportunity to leverage Mobile-Aadhaar-Bank Account for effective implementation of various Government schemes as well as delivery of G2B or G2C services. This will open a new paradigm in Indian context and can jump many stages of making direct delivery of citizen benefits. PMJDY will be just one of the examples of this new paradigm. IT Industry can develop many apps to provide services around combination of Mobile-Aadhaar and Bank Account.
If the Digital India mission of Government, coupled with focus on ease of doing business and Right to Government Service Bill, becomes reality, then IT platform will be inevitable in Government functioning. It can open doors on young and veteran IT entrepreneurs in spaces like IT services and BPR, ITES, IT products and in areas of SMAAC (Social Media, Mobility, Analytics, Apps and Cloud Computing).