Ram Niwas, Principal Secretary, Development & Panchayats; Secretary, Housing Department, Government of Haryana
Please provide us with an overview of the work that has been done by the Housing Department of Haryana during the last few years?
The main objective is to construct houses for allotment to the public in accordance with the guidelines issued by the State Government and the prescribed procedure. The emphasis is to construct houses for socially and economically weaker sections of the society. The Priyadarshini Awaas Yojana is very ambitious project of state government in the housing sector which is targeting the weaker sections of the society for providing housing facility.
Under the scheme we are going to provide housing facility to poor people who are below the poverty line in the rural areas of Haryana. We are in the process of providing the constructional assistance to the tune of two lakh houses in the state to those people who are in the waiting list of Indira Awaas Yojana or who doesn’t have any house or just have kutcha house. The total assistance, is not loan it is a grant to the tune of `90100 and these will be provided in three instalments. The first instalment of `25000 will be provided in advance, the second instalment of `35000 will be provided when the house will come up to the linter level and the balance amount will be provided when the house will be completed before the finishing work is done. The minimum area under the scheme is 20 sqm with toilet facility.
Please tell us something about e-Panchayat schemes that are being launched in the state?
The IT department is taking care of this project. Under this project the monitoring of various programs like MGNERGA, Nirmal Bharat Abhiyan, will be done through software. Data base management Information System is being developed and Internet connectivity up to Gram Panchayat Level is proposed. Computerized Management Information System will totally replace manual information Collection System. This will minimise and save manpower efforts at field levels.
The compiled data/statements, which will be made available at Gram Panchayat level, can be shared by the members of PRIs. It will enhance transparency, dissemination and convergent delivery of services/information to the members of PRIs. In Haryana, Computers have been provided to Zila Parishads at district level, Panchayat Samitis at Block level and Engineering Wing. Apart from it Computer Cell at Headquarter has been established. The Development & Panchayats Department is in the process of introduction of e-Panchayats for Panchayati Raj Institutions, which is one of the Mission Mode Projects (MMPs) under the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP)
|As part of e-Panchayat(MMP), following common core applications called Pa nchayat Enterprise Suite (PES ) have been identified|
|• National Panchayat Directory: Would provide unique codes to all Panchayats, capture changes to Panchayats owing to delimitation and assign codes appropriately.
• Panchayat Profiler: Would maintain a complete village profile encompassing socioeconomic data, socio-demographic data, public Infrastructure &services, geographical boundaries of Panchayats etc.
• Plan Plus: Would help in preparation of district plans starting from grassroots, enable convergence of funds from different programmes/ schemes to ensure effective utilization of funds, track fund inflows and outflows and maintain sources of funding.
• PRIA Soft: Would capture details of receipts & expenditure, automatically generate cash book, registers, Utilization Certificate for many schemes.
• National Panchayat Portals: Would generate a website for each Panchayat across the country. Would integrate with the other software applications for Panchayats to act as a single delivery gateway using single sign-on• Asset Directory: Would help in management of information related to assets & utilities created and maintained by Panchayats.
• Action Soft: Would be used for Scheme implementation and monitoring. It would allow Panchayats to enter the implementation status of each scheme on the basis of the defined monitoring parameters.
• Social Audit: Would capture all events and details relating to social audit conducted by Gram Sabha, the action taken report etc.