There are total 709 such stations (A1-75, A-332 and B-302) including 34 stations in Gujarat and 45 stations in Maharashtra
“Trials for provision of Wi-Fi at stations with no capital investment from Railways have been conducted. These trials were conducted to find a suitable business model to sustain the system,” Manoj Sinha, Minister of State for Railways said in Lok Sabha.
“‘A1’ & ‘A’ category stations are likely to be completed in next two years and ‘B’ Category stations would take another one year,” he said.
At present, the Wi-Fi facility is available at 11 stations on Indian Railways as detailed below:-
(1) CST Mumbai, Central Railway
(2) Howrah, Eastern Railway
(3) New Delhi, Northern Railway
(4) Varanasi, Northern Railway
(5) Ghazipur, North Eastern Railway
(6) Chennai, Southern Railway
(7) Secunderabad, South Central Railway
(8) Ahmedabad, Western Railway
(9) Agra Cantt., North Central Railway
(10) Bengaluru, South Western Railway
(11) Madgaon, Konkan Railway