The Maharashtra Government has transferred six IAS officers, according to a government press release.
* Sitaram Kunte, who was recently given the charge of the State Environment Department, has now been transferred as the Secretary in the Finance Department (Expenditure). This is his second transfer this month;
* Incumbent Finance Secretary Shrikant Deshpande is being sent to the United Nations on a special posting;
* Principal Secretary in the Irrigation Department, Malini Shankar, has been given the charge of Environment Department;
* Shrikant Singh from the Planning Department has now been shifted to the Housing Department;
* Satish Gavai, who was handling Housing Department, will now take charge of the Irrigation Department as the Principal Secretary; and
* Sunil Porwal will take charge of the Planning Department.