The Government of India has appointed 11 new Joint Secretaries (JS), including a, who has been placed at the Department of Electronics & Information Technology (DeitY). He is a 1997 batch IAS officer of UD cadre and has replaced Ajay Kumar, who is a 1985 batch IAS officer of Kerala cadre.
The other 10 who have been appointed are as follows:
- Vikram Singh Gaur, a 1986 batch Indian Forest Service (IFS) officer of Jharkhand cadre, has been appointed as JS in NITI Aayog.
- Gyanesh Bharti, a 1998 batch IAS officer of AGMUT cadre, has been appointed as JS in the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change.
- Vivek Joshi, a 1989 batch Haryana cadre IAS officer, has been appointed as JS in the Department of Expenditure.
- S K Dev Verman, a 1988 batch Manipur cadre IAS officer, is new JS in the Ministry of Minority Affairs.
- Santosh D Vaidya, a 1998 batch AGMUT cadre IAS officer, has been appointed as JS, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy.
- O P Chaudhary, a 1989 batch MP cadre IFS officer is JS in the Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries.
- S C Barmma, a 1987 batch Indian Postal Service (IPoS) officer is new JS in the Department of Justice.
- Rakesh Kumar, a 1992 batch IAS officer, has been appointed as Senior Deputy Director General (Joint Secretary-level) in the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
- K Rajeshwar Rao, a 1988 Tripura cadre IAS officer, has been made Joint Secretary in the Department of Health & Family Welfare.
- Nikunj Kumar Srivastava, a 1998 batch Madhya Pradesh cadre IAS officer, has been appointed as Joint Secretary in the Department of Personnel & Training.
|Get a chance to meet who's who of Transport ecosystem in India including key policymakers from Central and State Governments. Join us at National Summit on ‘Strategy for Ports, Highways Infrastructure and Logistics Efficiency , New Delhi on Aug 13, 2018 to explore business opportunities. Like and connect with us on Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter.|