A recent order announced the appointments of seven officers in the rank of Joint Secretary. The names of the appointees are as follows:
- Amitabh Kumar, a 1987 batch IRS IT officer, has been appointed as Jt DG, Shipping, Mumbai. He has replaced Deepak Shetty, who is a 1984 batch IRS C&CE officer.
- Samir K Biswas, a 1980 batch IAS officer of Maharashtra cadre, has been appointed as Joint Secretary, Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals.
- AK Meena, a 1990 batch IAS officer of Odisha cadre, has been appointed as Joint Secretary, Defence. He has replaced Naveen Kumar Chaudhary, who is a 1994 batch IAS officer of Jammu & Kashmir cadre.
- Dwijendra Kr Sharma, a 1988 batch IFS officer of Manipur Tripura cadre, has been appointed as Joint Secretary, Panchayati Raj. He has replaced Sushil Kumar, a 1987 batch IAS officer of the same cadre.
- Sumita Mukherjee, a 1987 batch IRAS officer, has been appointed as JS & FA, CSIR Department of Scientific and Industrial Research. She has replaced Anu J Singh, a 1985 batch IRS IT officer.
- Manoj Pant, a 1986 batch IFS officer of Jammu and Kashmir cadre, is appointed Joint Secretary in the Department of Health Research. He replaced H Nagesh Prabhu, a 1984 batch IFS officer of Kerala cadre.
- Rosy Sharma (CCS:98) has been appointed as DDG, CAPART (JS level), Department of Rural Development. She has replaced ML Meena, who is a 1983 batch IAS officer of West Bengal cadre.