Port-led development is the clarion call given by the government with 12 smart cities and several coastal economic zones in the pipeline under the ambitious Sagarmala project that will change the shape of the Indian coastline.
And connecting these dots to facilitate a knowledge sharing platform, Maharashtra Maritime Board together with Elets Technomedia Pvt. Ltd. is pleased to announce first “India Ports Summit” to be held on 11 September, 2015 at Mumbai, Maharashtra.
This event will focus on the various aspects of port-led development and development of industries in and around port areas. The one day summit will bring key stakeholders from the government and private sector and will provide an ideal platform to know–how the current trends, challenges, opportunities and leverage the best practices.
Conference: Key policy makers, leaders and Industry captains to deliver insights into the current scenario and road ahead
Exhibition: Innovative products & solutions to gain exposure
Awards: Cutting edge technologies, innovative projects and initiatives to be felicitated
Ports are the Gateway to growth
Developmental projects are already underway with an allocation of Rs 4,000 crore having been made for SEZ at Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust, which is one of 12 major ports in India, under the Sagarmala project. Also, coastal economic zone is in the offing at Kandla port which has two lakh acres of land in its possession.
The initiative will address challenges by focusing on supporting and enabling Port- led development through appropriate policy and institutional intervention; port infrastructure enhancement including modernisation and setting up of new ports; and efficient evacuation to and from hinterland.
Opportunities at India Ports Summit
- Attend high-ranking meetings with the Who’s Who in the sector to strengthen the movement.
- Capitalize on innovation opportunities and make intelligent, informed IT investment and choices.
- Daylong conference will provide an excellent opportunity to interact with policy makers, decision makers, stakeholders and corporate.
- Get an insight into the broader governance, IT priorities and initiatives.
- Forge and diversify partnership with governments, business and other organizations
- Get an expert face to face opinion on specific issues
- Look out for new business development opportunities