Nine new Joint Secretaries, including five IAS and four officers belonging to other services, have been appointed in the Central Government Ministries as part of a bureaucratic reshuffle effected by the Government of India recently. The postings are as follows:
- Usha Padhee, a 1996 batch IAS officer of Odisha cadre, has been appointed as Joint Secretary for a period of five years in the Civil Aviation Ministry.
- Arabinda K Padhee, also from the same batch and cadre, has been appointed as the Joint Secretary in the Department of Fertilisers.
- Rajan Shukla, an IAS officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre, is the new Joint Secretary in the Department of Consumer Affairs.
- V Vidyawathi has been appointed as the Joint Secretary in the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT).
- Parag Gupta, a 1988 batch IAS officer of Odisha cadre, has been made the Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Food Processing Industries.
- Indian Revenue Service or IRS officer Mohanish Verma has been appointed as the Protector General of Emigrants (Joint Secretary level) in the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs. He is a 1987 batch Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax cadre) officer, and has been appointed for a tenure of five years.
- Shri Krishna, also from the same service, has been made the Deputy Director General (JS level) in the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
- Amitabh Gautam, an Indian Forest Service officer, is new Joint Secretary in the Department of Agriculture and Cooperation.
- Smita Kumar, a 1987 batch officer of the Indian Postal Service, has been appointed as Joint Secretary in the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances.
|Get a chance to meet who's who of Transport ecosystem in India including key policymakers from Central and State Governments. Join us at National Summit on ‘Strategy for Ports, Highways Infrastructure and Logistics Efficiency , New Delhi on Aug 13, 2018 to explore business opportunities. Like and connect with us on Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter.|