Alok Kumar is a 1993 batch IAS officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre, while Jitendra Kumar is a 1987 batch Indian Forest Service officer of Uttarakhand cadre.
NITI Aayog serves as a ‘think tank’ of the Government, providing governments at the central and state levels with relevant strategic and technical advice across the spectrum of key elements of policy.
The Government has also appointed eight Joint Secretaries in the NITI Aayog.
- Anna Roy has been appointed as Joint Secretary (JS) in the Department of Financial Services. She is a 1992 batch officer of Indian Economic Service and is working as a Director in the same department. Her tenure is up to October 31, 2017;
- Officer Sanjay Prasad has been appointed as Joint Secretary in the Department of Science and Technology for a period of five years;
- Jitendra Kumar Sinha, a 1996 batch IAS officer of Manipur Tripura cadre, is new Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region. He will also hold the charge for five years;
- Indian Post and Telecommunication Accounts and Finance Service officer Md Shahbaz Ali has been appointed Managing Director (JS-level) in the National Minorities Development and Finance Corporation under the Ministry of Minority Affairs;
- Rajiv Kumar, an Indian Forest Service officer, has been appointed as JS in the Department of Electronics and Information Technology;
- A 1987 batch officer of Indian Railway Accounts Service, Jagmohan Gupta, is new Joint Secretary and Financial Adviser in the Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation;
- Venugopal Reddy Gaddam, officer of the Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers, has been made JS in the Ministry of Labour and Employment for five years and;
- Navneet Soni, a 1988 batch officer of Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax cadre), has been appointed as Member Secretary (Joint Secretary level) in the National Monuments Authority under the Culture Ministry.
|Get a chance to meet who's who of Transport ecosystem in India including key policymakers from Central and State Governments. Join us at National Summit on ‘Strategy for Ports, Highways Infrastructure and Logistics Efficiency , New Delhi on Aug 13, 2018 to explore business opportunities. Like and connect with us on Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter.|