The Mission of e-Kranti is to ensure delivering of all government services electronically to citizens through integrated and interoperable systems via multiple modes.
The approach and methodology of e-Kranti are aligned with the Digital India programme.
Objectives of e-Kranti:
- To redefine NeGP with transformational and outcome oriented e-Governance initiatives.
- To enhance the portfolio of citizen centric services.
- To ensure optimum usage of core Information & Communication Technology (ICT).
- To promote rapid replication and integration of eGov applications.
- To leverage emerging technologies.
- To make use of more agile implementation models.
Key principles of e-Kranti:
Transformation and not Translation
Integrated Services and not Individual Services
Government Process Reengineering (GPR) to be mandatory in every Mission Mode Project (MMP)
ICT Infrastructure on Demand
Cloud by Default
Fast Tracking Approvals
Mandating Standards and Protocols
National GIS (Geo-Spatial Information System)
Security and Electronic Data Preservation