The Government of Assam has transferred number of officers belonging to Indian Administrative Service (IAS) and posted at different places in Assam. Accordingly:
- Sankar Prasad Nandy has been appointed as Secretary of Secretariat and GAD.
- Biswajit Pegu will be Deputy Commissioner, Bongaigaon.
- Preetam Saikia, Goalpara deputy commissioner, was transferred as Secretary of the elementary and cultural affairs department.
- Saikia will be replaced by J.V.N. Subramanyam, Joint Secretary of personnel, administrative reforms and training and information technology departments.
- Nazrul Islam, Chief Executive Officer of zilla parishad, Morigaon, will now take over as the Dhubri deputy commissioner, replacing Kumud Chandra Kalita.
- Kumud Chandra Kalita has been transferred as Joint Secretary of tourism department.
- S S Meenakshi Sundaram posted as Additional Secretary of Soil Conservation.
- Sundaram will be replaced by Virendra Mittal, Chirang Deputy Commissioner, as Sivasagar Deputy Commissioner.
- Rupak Kumar Mazumdar, Director of food and civil supplies department, will be the new Chirang Deputy Commissioner.
- Aruna Rajoria, Deputy Commissioner, Dibrugarh, has been transferred as Mission Director of Sarba Siksha Abhiyan Mission.
- M.S. Manivannan, Darrang Deputy Commissioner, will be the new Dibrugarh Deputy Commissioner.
- P. Ashok Babu, Nagaon Deputy Commissioner, was transferred and posted as Mission Director of National Health Mission in place of Manish Thakur.
- Siddharth Singh, Barpeta Deputy Commissioner, was transferred as additional secretary of public health engineering department.
- Varnali Deka, Joint Secretary of elementary education department, has been posted as Barpeta Deputy Commissioner.
- Prasanta Kumar Buragohain, Karbi Anglong Deputy Commissioner was posted as Dhemaji Deputy Commissioner replacing Monalisa Goswami.
|Get a chance to meet who's who of Transport ecosystem in India including key policymakers from Central and State Governments. Join us at National Summit on ‘Strategy for Ports, Highways Infrastructure and Logistics Efficiency , New Delhi on Aug 13, 2018 to explore business opportunities. Like and connect with us on Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter.|