The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation(EPFO) has launched Online Transfer Claim Portal(OTCP) to take care of 13 lakhs transfer claims, normally received during the year. Two other softwares are also have been launched- one which allows change of name of an employee and another which allows calculation of interest as well as of penal damages to be recovered from defaulting employers. The launching of these software will help in reducing the grievances as well as help in recovery of thousands of crores pending for years.
EPFO settled 10,21,922 claims during the month of October, 2013. This number is 28 percent higher than the claims settled in the month of September, 2013. 72 percent of these claims were settled within 10 days while remaining 28 percent were settled within 30 days.
Number of complaints in Central Public Grievances Redressal System(CPGRAM) has come down to less than 100 no. of grievances in Employees Provident Fund internet Grievance System(EPFiGMS) which has been activated lately have also got reduced from more than 25,000 to less than 5,500. expressed his happiness over the fact that 108 offices out of 123 offices of EPFO do not have a single complaint pending for more than 30 days.
K.K. Jalan, central provident fund commissioner informed that the EPFO got a receipt of 5,689 crores as remittances during the month of October, 2013 through 4.86 lakh establishments, which filed electronic challans cum return. He was also happy to note that a annual account updation software which was launched in September, 2013 has resulted into updation of 8.21 crores annual accounts till October, 2013. The initiative helped them to bag Financial Inclusion and Payments System Award, 2013.
|Get a chance to meet who's who of Transport ecosystem in India including key policymakers from Central and State Governments. Join us at National Summit on ‘Strategy for Ports, Highways Infrastructure and Logistics Efficiency , New Delhi on Aug 13, 2018 to explore business opportunities. Like and connect with us on Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter.|