The PMO has tweeted about “Turning Reform into Reality” using statistics from the 2011 Census data to highlight how the achievements of economic reforms get translated into real progress. It backed its arguments with a series of charts and data.
The PMO’s tweets highlighted five major benefits that have reached the common man over the last one decade. These include:
* More than 77 million households connected to banking services
* More than 34 million households acquired concrete roofs
* More than 60 million households got new electricity connections
* Telephony reached 137 million houses — second fastest growth in the world
* More than 37 million households obtained LPG/ PNG connections
Analysts are of the opinion that the PMO tweets are indicative of the Union government’s resolve to stand firm on its recent decisions on economic reform.