Microsoft provides software and solutions for different user groups – Consumer and Online, Developers, Enterprises, Public Sector and Small & Medium business. These fall into the following broad categories:
- Windows Client, including Microsoft Vista desktop operating system (Windows 7)
- Information Worker, including Microsoft Offi ce, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, and other stand-alone desktop applications.
- Business Solutions, encompassing Microsoft Dynamics Ax, Microsoft Dynamics Nav and Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Server Platforms, including the Microsoft Windows Server System integrated server software, software developer tools, and MSDN
- Windows Live includes popular services such as Windows Live Messenger, Windows Live Hotmail, Windows Live Photo Gallery, Windows Live Spaces and Windows Live Skydrive, to name a few
- Windows Mobile, with more than 35+models including 17+ stylus devices from seven device partners – HTC, Motorola Q , Palm Treo, HP, iMate, Asus and Samsung
- MSN including the MSN network, MSN Internet Access, MSN Hotmail and other Web-based services
- Bing provides relevant search
- Entertainment & Devices Division, including Microsoft Xbox, consumer hardware and software, online games, and the Microsoft TV platform
- Microsoft Advertising, representing all of Microsoft’s advertising products, services and platforms
Some of the initiatives of Microsoft in public sector arena are:
- Partners in Learning for accelerating IT literacy and enhancing the classroom environment among government schools across the country. Started in 2003, the fi rst phase of the project – Project Shiksha – has so far impacted more than 370,000 government school teachers, 11,000 principals, and impacted a total of 19 million students across the country.
- Project Bhasha for promoting local language computing wherein we have tried to break down one of the barriers by providing local language interface packs for Microsoft products in 12 Indian languages.
- Project Jyoti which provides lifelong learning for adults in rural communities specially women through Community Technology Learning Centers.
- Project Vikas to enhance the global competitiveness of the SMEs by IT enablement.
Microsoft Corp (India) Pvt. Ltd.
9th Floor, Tower A, DLF Cyber Greens ,DLF Cyber Citi, Sector 25A, DLF Phase III, Gurgaon-122 002, Haryana