LightSpeed Volume Computed Tomography XT from GE Healthcare
- The first-ever computed tomography (CT) scanner volume CT system capable of capturing Images of the heart and coronary arteries in just five heartbeats.
- Earlier and more definitive diagnosis at very less radiation.
- Innovative Volume CT XT system maintains outstanding image quality while reducing a patient's radiation exposure by up to 83% percent for diagnostic cardiac scans.
- An entire body scan can be completed in less than 6 seconds – something patients prefer who otherwise have claustrophobia.
LightSpeed VCT XT has two new technology:
The Snap Shot PulseTM technique which:
- Allows for quick switching of the X-ray Exposure
- Synchronized Table movement
- Determination of scan location
- Accurate and high precision synchronization of X-ray with respect to ECG
- It uses prospectively triggered axial step and shoot scans in which x-rays are turned on only during the required heart phase and turned off completely at all other time.