India Development Gateway (InDG) is a country led initiative that seeks to provide responsive and credible information products and services catering to the needs of rural communities in local languages. InDG catalyzes the use of ICT for collaboration and knowledge sharing among development stakeholders representing from Government, NGOs, community based organizations, private, and Academic, Research Institutions.
Objectives of the InDG initiative
- Strengthen the First level service providers to discharge services more effectively
- Educate the actual end user on various issues in the identified five sectors (Health Primary Education, Agriculture, Rural Energy and
- Establish Linkages with other portals and initiatives of similar nature
- Use of technology to enable information availability and access
www.indg.in – A multilingual portal to address the information needs of the rural communities
The uniqueness of the portal is the following aspects
- Information, products and services in local languages
- A one stop portal for information related to five important sectors related to rural livelihoods (Agriculture, Primary Education, Health, Rural Energy and e-governance)
- A wide partnership base of varied development stakeholders for content generation
- Value added content and services through an online as well as offline presence
- A pro poor and pro women orientation in all aspects of portal development
- Framework for sustainability of the initiative built-in
www.indg.in hosts a variety of features that makes the portal user friendly and interactive. To highlight a few – a customised Content Management System supporting multilingual multimedia content, multilingual Discussion forum, online courses, live search, automated content flow, quarterly newsletter, polling and users feed back collation mechanisms.
The portal presently hosts multilingual information on over 1000+ topics in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu and English related to the five focal areas for livelihood improvement. Marathi and Bengali are to be added shortly. In each of the identified verticals, the portal hosts information related to the major issues of rural interest in the sector, important government schemes, technologies, database, credit options, field experiences, news update, downloadable forms, FAQs etc. A range of offline products in the sectors of Agriculture, Health and Primary Education are also available for use.
Connecting to the grassroots
|Get a chance to meet who's who of Transport ecosystem in India including key policymakers from Central and State Governments. Join us at National Summit on ‘Strategy for Ports, Highways Infrastructure and Logistics Efficiency , New Delhi on Aug 13, 2018 to explore business opportunities. Like and connect with us on Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter.|