e-Commerce

Publicell allows customers for mobile banking in Rwanda

Views: 176

A Rwandan ICT company, Publicell has made partnership with Mobile Payments (MoPay) International to provide mobile payment system in Rwanda. The system will enable banks, telecom operators and bill issuing companies to allow their customers for the use of mobile phones and computer system to order and pay for goods and services.

 

User can do their transaction by sending just 3 SMS. Firstly user has to send SMS to MoPay stating their request. Then MoPay system will ask to customer for the password and then system will identify them by crosschecking their mobile number and related information stored during the registration process. If everything would be fine then MoPay system will connect the customer's banks and ask for the payment through wirelessly. The system finishes the transaction by sending an SMS to the parties confirming the success of transaction. User can use any mobile phone having SMS function to access the service. In this deal, Publicell has 60% share, while MoPay International is holding remaining 40% share. 

Comments

comments

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Latest News

To Top